Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

It's Hump Day!

Well, I have survived another long, night shift and can hear my bed calling me. Tonight I had the same patients as yesterday and things were much calmer tonight. Hopping to be back in my bed quickly today, I am starting to drag at the end of this night. And I get to come back for one more night!
Today before I go back into work I am going to watch FI coach in a track meet. His distance runners that he coaches are having a great season so far. Other than that I plan on just sleeping the day away.
Hope everyone else enjoys the day!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Hump Day!

• edited December 2011
    Good morning!

So glad that I am getting closer to Friday.... I need a weekend really bad (esp one where I dont have to travel).

Anyways, last night FI helped me fixed dinner again, then we sat around and watched TV. Nothing too exciting. I am really hoping it warms up so we can go walking/jogging around the south side, and explore some of the parks in Pittsburgh.

So tonight I am getting my hair done! Yeay!!! I really haven't had it cut since October, so I am beyond excited about this. Thank you to the knottie girls who suggested someone in Pittsburgh!

Dana- How long do you have to stay on night shift?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sarilynn - I usually flip flop, it just really depends. I work every other Saturday and Sunday night. then the other days is just a mish mash of randomness
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I'm also sick of the cold weather.  I'd love for it to warm up and not snow this weekend!  I got back to the gym last night... I didn't go at all last week.  After the gym I got a lot of stupid little things done around the apartment. 

I'm feeling like it should be Thursday today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! Since I worked out yesterday morning, I didn't have to last night which was sooo nice!
    DF worked late, so I just had left overs for dinner. I tried to be productive last night and cleaned some of our bathrooms (we have 3.5 bathrooms which is ridiculous when you have to clean them!).
    I also firmed up the shower invitiation list with my mom and sent it off to my MOH! exciting!

Dana - glad your patients were calmer last night! hope you get some rest today!

sarilynn - yay for getting your hair done! I too am anxious for warmer weather! I miss taking my pup for long walks.  You will LOVE exploring the southside when the weather gets nicer! Lots of fun things to do down there!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a good night! FI and I went out and got the crate and all of the essentials for puppy - going to get her in the AM! Eeek! I woke up at 3 am last night and couldn't sleep - I'm just nervous! And excited too!

I had a mtg with our venue coordinator on Friday but I had to cancel because we had an emergency at the hospital. I was going to reschedule for this weekend, but I don't want to have to leave puppy at home! These are the kinds of things I was up worrying about, lol.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to update with some pictures tomorrow afternoon!

sara - Envious of your cooking endeavers! You'll have to give me some meal suggestions sometime, I always feel like I cook the same things.

dana - Sleep well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    amy - i agree it feels like it should be thursday!

lindsay - yay for going puppy shopping!! goodluck tomorrow morning!! ah so excited for u!

• edited December 2011
    Dana- Go to sleep! lol And that has to be really hard switching from days to nights. You never have the chance to acclumate to either really.

Amy- Yeah I have a lot of lil things I have been putting off too... boo on that.

db- Again, I always feel so lazy when I hear about your workouts :-) And we moved to the southside last summer, so we have seen a bit in warmer weather. There are always things to explore though.

Lindsay- I wish I could give you cooking recipes lol. I am not a good cook at all, and I struggle to not make the same thing over and over again. We eat way too much pasta and rice because it's so easy. I will say that the best thing I own is a really nice steamer by All-Clad. I steam all of our veggies up very easily. I even steam potatoes and yams when I want to mash them (rather them boil them- my FI loves mashed yams). We cook just really simple foods though.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!
    Well, I did absolutely nothing last night and it was fabulous! My mom took our invitations to the post office yesterday afternoon so they are officially out! On my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store then took the pup for a walk... after that, just sat my butt on the couch all night and did nothing! Ha! I felt like a waste of a life but I just didn't have the energy... I had high hopes to do some laundry too, but didn't get to it. Tonight, much of the same for me. FI works tonight again so I'm just goinng to relax. I have a paper to write for class tomorrow so I'll work on that...

dana - I'm glad things were a bit better for you last night! Enjoy your day and get some rest!

sari - yay for getting your hair done! I always feel so much better when my hair is freshly done :)

amy - I'm RIGHT there with you in being super sick of the cold! I HATE winter as it is and it's just been going on way too long for my liking.

db - Omg... I can't even keep 1 bathroom clean! Ha! jk... but seriously, I hate cleaning the bathroom!!

lindsay - GOOD LUCK getting your puppy!!! Definitely take tons of pictures!!!! :) Do you have a name picked out!?
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning Knotties,

Last night, FI and I had our first ballroom dance class! It was a blast. We totally stink. :)

Before that, we grabbed something to eat in the Atlas district, which is a kind of sketchy part of town, but they are revamping with tons of restaurants.

After that, we just came home and watched some TV, nothing exciting.

Dana- Have a nice "night".  Get lots of sleep!
    Sari- How long ago did you move to PA?
    Amy- I hear ya on the cold weather!
    DB- Yay for exercising in the AM!
    Linds- Have you picked out a name for your puppy???
    GMC- Hooray for lazy nights!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!

Over the weekend, FI and I bought a new TV stand and a Blu-Ray player. I sell electronics at Target, so it's been on my wish list for a LONG time. So excited :)

Last night I just made dinner for FI and watched BL and then the season finale of Teen Mom. I'm off today, so I'm watching The Sound of Music (on Blu-Ray!) and currently eating macaroni and cheese, lol. I'm making steaks for dinner tonight and I need a side dish? Any ideas?

Dana: I hear you on night shift, I'm not working now but I did a few during nursing school. The 2 AM-4 AM wall is the worst.
    Sar: Have fun getting your hair done!
    Amy: Love the siggy pic! It'll be Thursday soon!
    D: Yay for shower invites!
    Lindsay: Did you adopt your puppy? FI and I have a pup from the Humane Society, he's 2 and the best dog ever. We should arrange a play date!
    G: Good luck with your paper!
    J: FI said we absolutely not taking ballroom dancing classes. And I agreed with him, lol. I hope you guys had fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Jb- My FI and I moved from Louisville last July for new jobs. We like it so far :-)

panther- I completely forgot about the season finale! Was it good? I really want to see them talking with Dr. Drew.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards