Kentucky

Camo Vest

My fiance and I have decided to incorpate his love for the outdoors aka hunting into the wedding. I have decide to allow the groomsmen to wear camo vest. Has one done this and if so where did you get them, and what color dress did your bridesmaids wear? 

Re: Camo Vest

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ultimately, what your FI wears is his choice.  That said, I think there are any number of ways to honor his hobbies beyond a camo vest.  I would urge you to talk it over with him again and consder some of these alternatives:

• camo garter
    • groom's cake decorated either with camo or something else hunting related.
    • rehearsal dinner - you could do camo on the invites, etc.
    • something on the favors

Ultimately, camo is clothing that really just isn't wedding appropriate, in my opinion.  I understand what you're going for, and honoring your personalities is really important, but I think there are better ways to do that than his vest.  (After all, if you garden, would you smear dirt on your dress to showcase that?)

If you do go with the camo vest. . . I don't know what to tell you for the BMs. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I ran into this same issue when planning our wedding.  He LOVES hunting and everything to do with the outdoors.  I wanted the wedding to reflect both of us without being uber-tacky.  We went with Brown and green as our wedding colors, so it was very natural yet still wedding appropriate....and we found an adorable camo ring pillow from ebay that my nephew carried in the ceremony (and loved BTW, lol, he wanted to keep it).  Ultimately, you should do what you and your fiance want, but I just don't think those vests really do anyone any justice....its actually a very dull camo pattern that wouldn't lend itself to match up to pretty bridesmaids dresses.  Good Luck with everything.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_camo-vest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:a2a241eb-173d-4fce-9359-0434c314b8f0Post:7f7a85cf-54e2-4bf2-b2fb-d344e1e12b34">Re: Camo Vest</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I ran into this same issue when planning our wedding.  He LOVES hunting and everything to do with the outdoors.  I wanted the wedding to reflect both of us without being uber-tacky.  We went with Brown and green as our wedding colors, so it was very natural yet still wedding appropriate....and we found an adorable camo ring pillow from ebay that my nephew carried in the ceremony (and loved BTW, lol, he wanted to keep it).  Ultimately, you should do what you and your fiance want, but I just don't think those vests really do anyone any justice....its actually a very dull camo pattern that wouldn't lend itself to match up to pretty bridesmaids dresses.  Good Luck with everything.
    Posted by tigger9922[/QUOTE]

Tigger, those are great ideas. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • stressed2010stressed2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI is also a very avid outdoor's man so him and all the other guys in the wedding right down to the ringbear are wearing camo vests. I got lucky b/c FI's sister used the same vest's in her wedding two years ago, my soon the be mother in law made them, so we are reusing those.  There is a Tux rental shop in our town "SAVI" that also has Camo vest so we had that option too.

Our color's are purple and ivory, and i did think that this would clash with the camo but honestly i don't think it looks too bad. Keeping in mind that during the wedding the vest don't show that much anyway.  

If you and your FI are ok with camo then go for it!!!

Hope this helps. Good Luck

• edited December 2011
    My FI also wants camo for the groomsmen to wear, I feel like hunting is such a big part of his life, its only right to incorporate it in our wedding, after all the wedding should be a reflection of both of us, not just the bride. So we decided that the groomsmen will wear the camo vests, and the bridesmaids will wear black dresses.  I'm doing green hydrangeas as my flowers.  I think the black dresses and green flowers go well with the vest, but also tone it down and balance out everything. I hope this helps!  Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards