North Carolina-Outer Banks

Beach Houses to rent for a weekend?

I'm getting married at OBX in October. Our wedding is on a Sunday and I am interested in renting a beach house from Friday-Monday. Anyone know of any realty companies that will rent for less than a week.
Thanks,
Heather

Re: Beach Houses to rent for a weekend?

• edited December 2011
    I am renting two homes from Seaside Vacations. I asked about getting one home for just a few nights. I was told by this company that they do not rent out homes for less than a week so far out in advance. I would have to wait until a month or so before and hope that the house would not be rented for the weekend I wanted it. I did not want to take my chances and booked for the whole week.
  • edited December 2011
    Sun realty has house that rent for partial weeks.  Under amenities for some of the "event houses," partial weeks available would be listed.  I think a few other do as well, you just have to ask.  The woman I spoke with at Sun Realty said it is up to the home owner about when they will do a partial week, especially if it is over a weekend.  October should be easier than the middle of the summer though.
  • edited December 2011
    I know that the restaurant/caterer Coastal Provisions in Duck does a package deal with a house they own and rent out throught Twiddy. It's called Pelican's Landing.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Is this for Oct 2010?  I pre-reserved my home for May 2011 through Seaside Vacations and they do in fact offer partial weeks.  Its pre-reserved until Oct when the contracts go out and at that time I can choose for the whole week or just do a partial.  You can actually Google "partial week rentals in Nags Head, NC" and will link you to this site: http://www.outerbanks.org/accommodations/nags_head/rental_homes_vacancies.asp

and taht will bring up a listing of ALL beach mgmt co's that offer partial week rentals.

Where exactly in obx are you getting married at?  Duck, Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, etc.

Let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out.  My sister in law works for Twiddy Realty (we went with another co. b/c Twiddy usually serves the Duck, Corolla areas) so I can see who she may know.

More than happy to help out!  Congratulations!

• edited December 2011
    The Sanderling has 6 beach houses, ranging from 3 bedrooms to 6 bedrooms that you can rent for a few nights. You are allowed to check in any day you want. I think there is a 2 night minimum. Hope that helps!!!!  

www.thesanderling.com
  • goinapril123goinapril123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brindley Beach has houses that rent for partial weeks, with a 3-night minimum stay. I'm renting a house from them for a week in May, and they have been great to work with so far. They're very responsive about getting back to you with suggestions for houses that meet your specifications.

www.brindleybeach.com/rentalinfo.htm
  • edited December 2011
    actually, I no longer recommend Pelican's Landing. I had an appt set up to see it and meet with the caterer. I never got a confirmation, and when I left a message on the cell phone number I was given an hour before the scheduled time, I didn't a call back for 4 days, and 2 days later an email that said the email sent on Aug 2 was just recieved on Aug 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards