New Jersey - South
Options

Westin Mt. Laurel

Just wanted to warn everyone about the problems I have had using the Westin Mt. Laurel for my wedding block.  One of my guests called last week and was told that the block was full (to which I was very surprised because most of my guest are from in town).  I attempted to contact the sales director which set up the block for me multiple times, but never heard back.  I finally called the front desk today only to be told the sales director is no longer with the company, and they have no one to replace him!  Even more frustrating, my room block isnt even half full!!  Now since it is past the date in which the discounted price is given, my guests will have to pay full price because the hotel erroneous told them no more rooms were available.  I hope they don't screw up this much the the day of the wedding (next Saturday)! GRR!

Re: Westin Mt. Laurel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our block and had our reception there and really had no issues with the block. Whenever our block filled up, we called and they opened a new block.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good to hear!  I am just annoyed that my guests were being told that the block was full when it was not.  And if the sales manager left the company, then I should have been contacted with a new point person.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you need any alternate hotel suggestions, I had a great experience with Hampton Inn in Mt. Laurel.
  • Options
    cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to update this post, the night of my wedding when I went to check into my hotel room, I was told my husband Thomas had already checkin in.  Come to find out, they gave my room to my uncle Thomas with the same last name as me!!! Seriously??  I thought hotels needed to check IDs before checking in guests.  So they had to find me a new room since the room reserved for my uncle had 2 double beds, not 1 king.  I would not use this hotel again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards