Canada

XP - how long have you planned for hair?

rktorkto member
First Comment
how long have you planned for you and your BM hair? how many stylists?

I have 6 of us and hopefully 2 stylists, and I know I can ask the salon, but it will make a difference as to where I go. 

Re: XP - how long have you planned for hair?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I scheduled 3 hours to get ready - 1 stylist for 2 girls, including myself (my other MOH did her own hair).

The idea was to be done in about 2 hours and have the last hour to eat and relax.

Between starting a little late, doing things over and over for the photographer and videographer, and dawdling a little bit (I got my hair done first and I don't know why my BM didn't do her makeup while I was doing hair...), we ended up using almost the full 3 hours for hair, makeup, and getting dressed.

But I think the hair stylist finished in under 2 hours. She told me to allow 45-60 mins per girl, which ended up pretty accurate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    It took us just as long as ringy - there were 5 of us, and it took about 4 hours (that include two mums with short hair).
  • penad5penad5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Salon should tell you - i didn't think i'd need that long but the salon insists that we should be there at 9am (just me, 1 BM, and my mom) for our wedding at 2:30.  It seems like a bit much but i figure they do this all the time so i'll trust there judgement.

Let's hope they're right and i'm not sitting around twiddling my thumbs for an hour before the ceremony
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap TBD
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going there at 9AM as well, and our wedding isn't until 3PM, but there are 4 BM, myself, and my mom to do, but there are 4 stylists working, and the makeup artist will be there as well to do makeup for the girls who are waiting.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also going at 9am. There will be 2 hairstylists. One for me, my mom, and my mother in law and the other for my 2 bridesmaids. If one is getting their hair done, the other will get their make up done. My mom and mother in law both have really short hair, so it shouldn't take very long for them. My ceremony starts at 3pm too. We'll probably be done by 12:30 or 1pm, which gives us time to get to the hotel, get dressed and have some pictures taken.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having stylists come to us, I was told to alow an hour and a half for myself and an hour for each BM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards