Ohio-Toledo

Invites Went out!

Phew... finally im glad thats about over with. I cannot believe how expensive stamps are!! And i prolly wont see any of the response cards back (which have stamps on them... ) oh well i guess thats how it goes! LOL

Me and my bestie were at the local Hobby Lobby and saw the most beautiful RED wreaths that would look amazing on the crisp white church doors. Then is saw the price tag --- it was like right out of a horrow movie! AHHHH!!!! $80/wreath!

My bestie was like, "why dont we make them ourseves...?" "Brillant PLAN!" i say back!

I went back another day and got all the same stuff those wreaths were made of, including a glue gun and the glue to go with it. for less than $40 for 2 WREATHS!!
We have only made one so far, and it tool about 2 hrs to do. But it came out perfect! Will post a pic when i get batteries for my camera! :)

We are making the other one this weekend. Anyways just wanted to say that will a little creativity and some determination, you can do anything. :) Have a GREAT DAY LADIES!!!
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites Went out!

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is great! I wanna see the wreaths!

Did you DIY your invitations or did you purchase them?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!!   I'm looking forward to seeing the wreaths as well! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I bought the invites as box sets from Hobby Lobby and had them printed at a little shop on Reynolds Rd. They only charged me $30.00 to print 150 invites with the response cards ( I used black ink). They turned out really nicley - kinda vintagey and yet simple. They looked so nice. So all in all I spent about $65.00 on my invitations. I was quoted to have them made by someone between $180-$210.00 so I did save some money.

The stamps did not make me feel like saved money. LOLOLOL

I will take a pic of my invite and response card and put it on here with the wreath pics when I get batteries this weekend! :)
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel about stamps.  Sending my invites out this weekend... and stamps killed me.  Completely unseen expense when budgetting.  I had 61 cent stamps on the outside and 44 cent stamps for response cards, and don't forget about thank you cards for the shower and the wedding... ugh...  I think I spent about $140 on stamps this year.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    YEAH!!!  Sending the invites is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the wreaths, red on white is so crisp and elegant!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh....the price of postage for this wedding is ridiculous!!!  First the 61 cent stamps for the envelopes, then the 44 cent stamps for the response cards no one is sending back.  Now more 44 cent stamps for my shower gift thank yous and yet another round of 44 cent stamps for the wedding gift thank yous.  USPS must LOOOOOOVE weddings!

Congrats on getting the invites out!  That was very exciting for me also!!  Now if people would just tell me if they are coming and what they want to eat!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Altoid_StormAltoid_Storm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!! I can't believe it was that expensive. I'm going to try and use post-cards for as much as I can. My STD's will be postcards, as well as maybe the Thank Yous or RSVPs :)

Can't wait to see pictures!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully most of your RSVPs come back!  Don't give up yet on your guests' responses yet.  We sent out about 45 invitations and only had to follow up on maybe 3 or 4 of them.  The majority of people sent back the card and some texted/called with their response.

I'm crossing my fingers for you!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards