Indiana

Hotel Room Blocks

Hello!I am in the process of trying to secure blocks of rooms for out of town guests to my wedding.  About 80% of my guests will be from out of town.  I am wanting to given them at least a couple of choices from different parts of town.  My ceremony and reception are in the Broad Ripple area.  I was thinking of looking at the Keystone at the Crossing area and Meridian area for hotels.  Here is my issue:  I have attempted to contact a few different hotels.  The people I need to talk to are never in and even though I am promised a call back, I never do get it.  I was able to email one of them, however they did not answer most of my questions in the email response.  I just received a generic email back with room details and prices.  I want a place which does not have a guaranteed minimum number of rooms.  I do not know where my guests will book or if they will take my suggestions at all.  I don't want to be left with having to pay for rooms if guests don't book them.  Anyway, can anyone recommend a hotel which is more helpful?  Does anyone know of a hotel which does not have a guaranteed minimum in these areas?TIARachel

Re: Hotel Room Blocks

• edited December 2011
    I don't know how far north you want to go, but I blocked rooms at the Courtyard on Meridian, just north of 465 and the Renaissance at 116th and Meridian. They didn't require a minimum and the room rates were reasonable. Just make sure you call during normal business hours because the peole that usually handle this stuff are only there during the day. Good luck!
  • I blocked for this weekend at the Sheraton at Keystone at the Crossing. There is no minimum and up to one month before the wedding they will hold the rooms then they automatically let them go. Michael.Grabowski@sheraton.com this is the sales manager who will book them all for you. Hope this helps.
  • aslasleyaslasley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Michael at the Sheraton Keystone Crossing as well and he has been great!
  • lizhope55lizhope55 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jessica Carter <Jessica.Carter@marriottsales.com> from the Indianapolis Marriot North.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards