Military Brides

Re: NO Post

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Personally I prefer the look of the square over the round, or both.  Our cake had 4 layers alternating between square and round.  The color might get a little over the top if you plan on doing the frosting or fondant in a color.  What if you do all white frosting and fondant, and the alternate red and blue ribbon on the base of each layer?  That way you can add the colors in but not go over the top.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • lollipoplilylollipoplily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do a solid white cake and then do red, white and blue draping kinda like this :http://www.foodnetworkfans.com/forum/attachments/clicker/464d1245274437-cake-boss-cake01.jpg
  • Kittylee123Kittylee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I actually found a pretty cake, all I need is the approval of the finace.  We have also decided to get married in DC.. I felt it would go with the theme. Any more Ideas?
  • edited December 2011
    Are you 100% sure that this is the theme you want? and your Fi is he army? or is it you thats Army? I only ask because most service members I know especially AD want that one day to be about them as a person rather than thier job in the military. Not to mention your pictures? Are you still going to be happy with your 4th of July in November wedding pictures in 10 years? That being said.. if you are a theme girl you go for it!!!! Try a store like Party City they almost always have theme things, if it were still near the 4th of July it would be super easy to find all sorts of things. As for the cake, You could also try a white cake with red, white and blue flowers!! That'd be stunning! Best of Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_veterans-day-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b2852b0b-7539-4dc3-a437-49c0b40bf4f9Post:113c8822-d0a1-4e66-aa82-576c82425d63">Re: Veterans Day Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you 100% sure that this is the theme you want? and your Fi is he army? or is it you thats Army? I only ask because most service members I know especially AD want that one day to be about them as a person rather than thier job in the military. Not to mention your pictures? Are you still going to be happy with your 4th of July in November wedding pictures in 10 years? Posted by Luke&Sam625[/QUOTE]
    I'm tracking with a lot of this.  I also find it pretty surprising that any SM would agree to get married on Veteran's Day much less have this theme on it.  For most of us, Veteran's Day is a sacred day.  It is a day to honor each other.  A day to honor those who served before us.  A day who honor those who gave the ulitmate sacrifice.  It pretty much seems like a big kick to the nutts if you ask me. 
    I have a feeling you are going to give some bs about honoring your FI on that day because he is a vet.  I don't buy it, but what ever.  I have a feeling you are both pretty new to this whole thing and think your idea is super cool right now.  Down the road, you may see things differently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i don't normally post on this site, but i saw this and thought i would see what was being said. i am getting married on veterans day next year. my fiance and i are both active duty and have served in iraq and afghanistan. i am actually headed out the door again next year. i will say while it is a day of rememberance i don't see it as a sacred day that you can't be married on it. 
    i have had a friend do a red, white and blue theme. just have to make sure to use the colors as accessories. you could do a white cake with red and blue flowers and then have the grooms cake be all decked out. i also plan on having a traditional table for the fallen, it's a reserved table set for one with a candle. no one sits at this table. both of us have lost a couple of friends, so i'm planning on having seating cards with their names on it. also instead of favors you can make a generous donation to a wounded warrior or vet foundation. we plan on doing this too.
    honestly my thought was how cool is this, the military brought us together, we're serving our country and we get to be married on veterans day.

good luck with your planning!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards