Wisconsin

Bringing in your own food: Venues that allow in it in SE Wisconsin

Is there any nice places that let you bring in your own caterer?  We are looking for a rental fee in the hall of under 1000. 
Also does anyone know of any place that (selft catered or not) is under 5000.  We are running into heistent parents and it would be wonderful to have a place that we can pay for on our own.

Re: Bringing in your own food: Venues that allow in it in SE Wisconsin

• msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally check out the Masonic Center and Dekoven Center in Racine.  They are beautiful and allow all external vendors.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Shore Pavillion (MKE County Parks) is very nice, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Shore Pavillion, as above. 
    There are several sites in MKE with venue rental rates around $1400...Botanical Gardens, Miller Room, Harbor Lights Room etc.  All have a single caterer or a list of perferred caterers.  I don't know what the food minimums are.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dousman Community Center allows you to bring in your own caterers.  You can do basically anything you want... just have to organize it all yourself.  And the rental fee is $400.

It's sort of out of the beat and path but it's worth the cost savings!
  • edited December 2011
    Tripoli Shrine in Milwaukee allows outside caterers.  I don't know what rental fee is like, however I do know that the place is huge and has a large capacity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    a few people have mentioned the Dousman Community Center but I can't find any pictures online of it...how does it look inside?
  • edited December 2011
    Horticultural Hall in Lake Geneva.  They have a professional kitchen and allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol. Rental fee is a little over $1K.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I looked at this place early today.
    FYI: The Tripoli Shrine center does not allow you to bring in your own caterer. You will have to use there in house cater servuce.The room rental rate is $1500.00. They dont have a food or beverage minimum either.
    Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards