Military Brides

Young Army Bride!

Hello nice to meet you all! My name is Corey and my fiancee is deployed to Kuwait. I recently learned about the Brides Across America! I looked up the website but I'm not quite sure how that works? And also, are there any Bridal Shops that offer Military Discounts in Southern Oklahoma and Texas? I'm definitely not one of the women who seek discounts for the sole purpose that they just can (lol). I would just like a little help and love to save some money towards our house!

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks! :)

Re: Young Army Bride!

• Hi there! This is an international board so we are all living in different areas. If you want to ask about local stores and discounts, there are local boards. <-------- on the left side of the board, click on local boards and find the one closest to you. Nope that helps!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_young-army-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c14677c4-c2a6-487f-87bb-49b4430221ffPost:adc758bf-45bd-4669-855a-088063cc8adf">Young Army Bride!</a>:</div>[QUOTE]Hello nice to meet you all! My name is Corey and my fiancee is deployed to Kuwait. I recently learned about the Brides Across America! I looked up the website but I'm not quite sure how that works? And also, are there any Bridal Shops that offer Military Discounts in Southern Oklahoma and Texas? I'm definitely not one of the women who seek discounts for the sole purpose that they just can (lol). I would just like a little help and love to save some money towards our house! Any and all help is appreciated, thanks! :)
    Posted by coreyandlukerobbins[/QUOTE]

<div>Please read up on OPSEC and PERSEC.  I highly suggest scrapping this account and creating a new one that doesn't contain first and last names.  Very bad things have happened to spouses in the past who post to much info online, and you don't want that to happen to you.  You can't delete your account or change your name, but you can just create a new one.  </div><div>
    </div><div>We asked all of our vendors if they offered a military discount.  Some did, others didn't, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Also some that didn't offer them did something different for us, like our limo gave us a free "Just Married" sign with our names on it.  As for dresses you can just call different shops and ask if they offer one.  Generally though your FI will have to be there with you to show his ID if he is the SM, so if you don't plan on him seeing your dress that probably won't work.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ditto everything Beach & Hike said.  Especially about OPSEC & PERSEC, and deleting this account!!.  I believe there are some good points in the "Read before Posting" thread at the top (Underneath the recipes thread)

Welcome to the Board!!  Tell us more about yourself? How far along are you in planning? How long have you been engaged?  Just how young is young?  Welcome again!
    Photobucket
  • I agreee with everything that the PPs have said.

Welcome! Nice to see another Oklahoma Bride! Create a new account and come back! If you need some help with budget, just PM me or ask me here, while I haven't gotten any military discounts; I have been coming under budget for most everything, and I'd be glad to help. I did get my dress down in Dallas (clicky), a wonderful little store, the owner has been so helpful and does free simple alterations. I would recommend her to anyone!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards