Latino Weddings

Boston Dominican Newbie in da house - Latin Traditions? Songs? Foods?

KLOK Mujeres!!
Let me introduce myself my name is Caselyn(27) aka Tiny my FI is Manny(30). We both Dominican raised in Lawrence (North of Boston) no children and been together for 5 years.

We interested in people with creative minds to share their thoughts and ideas with us. Wether you planning a wedding yourself, already married or been to latin weddings, we would like to hear from you! So far we want a Celestial Theme Wedding (Crescent Moon & Stars), colors Cobalt Blue & Silver, my dress is demitrios designer mermaid style ivory, he will also be wearing ivory, JP (no religious preference) we both love R&B especially the late 80-90s, all latin music merengue/bachata/salsa/baladas.  Any other suggestions on the following that can add a latin twist:

Songs:
Bridal Party Intro:Bring Em Out
Intro song as Mr/Mrs: Crazy in Love Jay Z & Beyonce
First Dance: Jagged Edge - I gotta be
Father/Daughter:Billy Joel - She's Always a Woman to Me or Just the way you are (my dad's favorite Singer)
Mother/Son: Boyz II Men - A song for Momma
Last Dance: Genuwine - Differences

Food:

Latin Buffet Style any Caterers or Banquet Halls that would serve this?
Pernil(lechon)
Bisted ensebollado
pollo asado
Moro de guandules y coco
arroz blanco y habichuela guisa
ensalada de papa
ensalada verde
ensalada de pasta
bianda con mollejita (yuca, guineito)
patelitos y lo demas resto frito con carde adentro
Camarones como sea

1. What are some common Latin/Carribean Wedding traditions, anything we should do?

2. Ceremony & Reception combo North of Boston?

3. Florist (need blue dyed roses)?

4. Invitations (celestial theme)? 

5. Favors? Clear favor boxes 4"X4" or larger?

6. Centerpieces/ in need of Clear vases over 12" tall cilinder or different shape?

Bueno Mujeres hope to get some feedback - cojelo suabe!

Re: Boston Dominican Newbie in da house - Latin Traditions? Songs? Foods?

• jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Caselyn! I'm not Latina, but I'm from Lowell!! North Shore girls kick assss!! (FI is from Boston though!)

For favors, I'm forcing FI to make capias with me. I found a video on youtube that's gonna teach us. (:

Know what? I've been looking for places that would accommodate somewhat of a Hispanic theme north of Boston and IN Boston and I can't think of any ATM. It's a little far from Lawrence, but FSIL had her ceremony/reception at the Hilltop Steakhouse in Saugus. They were very accommodating to her menu wants (she wanted rice beans, enchiladas, pestellas, cocunut juices & etc). And the staff was very nice about putting up her tropical (PR)-style decor before we returned that night.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bienvenida Caselyn

your theme sounds very cool, Congrats . have you posted on the Boston board to get feed back from the ladies there on Caters,reception and ceremony,etc. ?
    I think it would help that way you can get more input,ideas from them too.
    Good luck on your planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards