Ohio-Columbus

I need your help ladies!

I have Alison Feamster and Shannon Goode booked for my hair and make-up. I asked my bridal party, my mom, FI mom and my aunt (like a second mother to me) if they would like to have their hair and make-up done. Of course, everyone wants to have it done. 

The problem: We only get 3 hours before the ceremony at the venue. Shannon is bringing in an assistant and says even with that she needs 3.5-4 hours to get everyone done. I am sure Alison will need that long too. 

I REALLY DO NOT want to get ready at the hotel. It's downtown, everyone would have to pay to park, and I would really like to get ready at the venue. It just makes more sense.

So what do I do? Do I try and find another make-up artist to help Alison? I of course will ask her if she knows anyone first. Do I tell someone they can't get their hair done? Major dilemma!
Anniversary

Re: I need your help ladies!

• jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh no, I just realized I will have the exact same problem!  (Same vendors too!)  Are you at the Valley Dale?  Don't forget that you will have to factor in time for pictures and everything too so I don't see how it will be possible for you to get ready there.

Unfortunately, no advice here, but I hope you come up with a good solution that I can steal! :-)

PS How large is your BP?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 6 girls. We are getting married at the OSU Faculty Club. 

I am really thinking I need to get another make-up artist and tell the girls regarding their hair that it will just be simple and nothing super fancy. 

We aren't doing a first look, we will see each other when I walk down the aisle (we both prefer this). We are having a cocktail hour which is when we will go and do pictures. Since it is on OSU campus we are pretty much in the area we want to be for pictures since it will be Fall and the campus should be gorgeous.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Have you asked if they'll allow you in an extra hour early without incurring any additional fees?  I asked, and we were given some extra time.

If not, I'd ask Allison and Shannon if they would like to have someone help since there are so many girls and you have a time restraint. If so, ask them for recommendations.
    edited December 2011
    That 3 hours IS with the extra hour. If we want in earlier than that it's $350/hr. 

I have an email in to Alison about an assistant. Shannon is already bringing an assistant with her. 

Maybe the ceremony will just start late :) lol
    Anniversary
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about getting together somewhere on campus? Do you have any close connections with any faculty that would let you borrow their classroom or office or anything? Just a random idea to throw out there.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Could you book a room at the blackwell to have some more time for hair/makeup to start earlier? Or another hotel within a few minutes away?
  • edited December 2011
    i second the blackwell idea. the other suggestions is to ask your hair and makeup artists to bring 2 assistants each. 
  • edited December 2011
    kelly, maybe you should call the union staff? i know they don't typically schedule non-student things during the school year but your wedding is on a bye week and i know for sure that they are trying to increase off-peak usage. perhaps you could rent one of the nicer breakout rooms since it will be a saturday am?
  • emanosemanos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am leary about having people bring assistants because then the actual person you are hiring isn't doing the work.  You know allison and shannon are great but how would the assistants be?

To me the best option to have everyone get ready at the hotel you are talking about....people can pay for parking or carpool.  Otherwise choose a hotel that is at a location you like better and just use it to get ready.  Yeah you will spend some money but it will be less than $350 also you don't have to deal with a headache!  My policy is less stress the better1

edited December 2011
    @MissOwl- the Union was a nightmare to try and work with previously when we were looking for a Plan B weather plan. The rooms are $200 to rent which isn't a bad price to get ready, but at this point we have already doubled our original budget and it looks like it's going to end up being more than that. I will talk to everyone and see what they want to do. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    kelly, that really stinks. now that you mention it i do remember you saying it was hard to work with them. bummer! i hope something works out for you! you could maybe call some of the area buildings (like call the hall director for bradley-paterson--his name is shaun crisler) and see if you could do your makeup in their common room? or maybe call pomerene hall and see if they have a room you could borrow?
    wish i could help...good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards