Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

DJ Suggestions

Hey all,    FI and I are looking for DJ suggestions in the St Cloud area. Does anyone have any good experiences (or bad ones to avoid?). We're on something of a budget, but not totally desperate. Really we just don't know where to start looking.
Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: DJ Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked Music in Motion. They had the best selection of songs, and equipment. We did the basic package (We added Dinner Music and a couple extra hrs to bring our total to $650) and our DJ Jared was awesome. Depending on your crowd, they play a good mix of country and top 100... they didn't have a couple songs my older guests requested but I expected that since they were kinda random songs.

They also stuck to our Must Play and DO NOT PLAY list to a T. Communication was awesome as well. Jared even met us before our grand entrance to make sure he could pronounce everyone's name and had them in the right order with the music keyed up correctly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have had a go around with a DJ that we found for our st, cloud wedding this may. Live Wire Entertainment. They hare very bad at communication. We have asked them three times to send us our contract through email and regular mail. Still no contract. They are still lingering over the price also they have done nothing but they insist that we are all set to go for our wedding date yet they do not have any of our music that we do and don't like. Needless to say we went with Midwest sound so far I have had a wonderful experience a little more money but now I know they are going to be there and I have full confidence in their service. They gave us a deal also we are payin $885.00 for the ceremony all the way though till the last song of the night.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd reccommend Midwest Sound. They're out of Mpls/StPaul  but they will definitely go to St Cloud. I used to work for them, and I know they make it a point to put their best DJs on the receptions that are a little further away from the city.
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding last night (yay!) and had the MOST incredible DJ from Midwest Sound (Jim P.) and I can honestly say that it was the best money we spent. I booked them post the I do Re do sale because I got a deal of $495 unlimited music (dinner - the end of the night!) We ended up tipping Jim a great deal because our dance floor was never empty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto Midwest Sound!

We got the same deal as Annie & were very happy with the service we got!  = )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards