Hawaii

Private Luou or private dinner at local restaurant for reception???

I'm having a small party of maybe 20 people at my wedding so I was trying to think of something private but still entertaining for my reception. I was thinking a priavate luou would be nice, but after doing a little research it seems that the luou's are much more than just dancing and eating. I'm not sure if they can change the luou program to fit what I want.

My second idea was reserving a private room at a local restaurant and cutting our cake there as well. What do you all think? Any suggestions???? Thanks!

Re: Private Luou or private dinner at local restaurant for reception???

• edited December 2011
    A lot of girls do the private reception in a restaurant. It's a great way to get excellent food and service! Which island are you getting married on again?
  • edited December 2011
    I was leaning more toward the private reception also. Im getting married in Oahu. Now I'm just trying to figure out which restaurant to chose???
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can always do a public luau for the RD or the WD!  It's wayyyy cheaper!!  Since we are having a reception back home, we're just doing a casual brunch reception after the ceremony and then attending a public luau that night.  I just wanted to make sure the guests get the chance to experience it if they are flying all that way for our wedding.

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a private dinner on Oahu. I picked based on location to our ceremony. We are getting married at Lanikuhana so we are have dinner at Azul in the JW Marriott. 

Have you picked a location? We originally planed for The Hau Tree because it was closer to Waikiki. But we changed our ceremony site. There are so many great choice on Oahu. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards