Second Weddings

My 1st, His 2nd

I'm 25 year old and am getting married in July, for the first time. My fiance is 9 years older than I and he was married once before and has two kids, 3 and 5. Anyone else in the same boat?  How are you incorporating the kids into the wedding ceremony (other than them being the FG and RB)? I'm a little worried their mom is going to change her mind at the last minute and say they can't be in the wedding. :(
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My 1st, His 2nd

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome ! This is my first wedding as well, my fiance's 3rd, but I'm old enough to be your mom, LOL.

We are just having our much older kids stand up in the wedding. Not buying them anything special, not involving them in any sort of "family ceremony".

Hopefully your fiance's ex will understand this is important to him, to have them there.

Good luck.
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the board!

You'll find many women in your situation here on this board, with a variety of opinions.  My opinion is that your wedding is a ceremony between your and your FI, therefore have the kids be the RB and FG, and leave let the rest be about the union between you two.  Since they're so young, the significance of the ceremony may be lost on them anyway. You could always do something with them privately, before or after the ceremony.

I hope the xW doesn't cause too much drama for you and your FI.

Good luck!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hubby's daughter is now 18 was 17 when we got married, we did a sand ceremony and earlier in the day she was given a ring - but that was all her choice.
    With his childern being so young though I would say let them be the RB and FG and have some pictures with them.  The meaning of the ceremony will be lost on them given their ages.  Your vows are between you and your FI.

Congratulations and welcome!  HTH
  • beckys67beckys67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm thinking since you are going to be their step mom they should be there but I'm not so sure about being in the wedding party.  That may be awkward for them.  I think the 3 of you should discuss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards