Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Chaldean Wedding

OK so I don't know how many of you ladies are familiar with Chaldean culture but it is middle eastern and Catholic. I am catholic myself but I am Irish and my FI is Chaldean. By the time we get married I would only have been to 2 Chaldean weddings and have been told that they were "not how we would normally do things" do to extenuating circumstances. Any Chaldean ladies out there or ladies marrying Chaldeans who know some traditional elements that go on that are different then a tradition Roman Catholic wedding? Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chaldean Wedding

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I'm not familiar with Chaldean Weddings but I googled Chaldean Wedding traditions and I came up with this site:

http://www.videobabylon.ca/Assyrian_Chaldean_wedding_traditions.html

It seems to be pretty helpful.
    I'd also ask your FI and his family what traditions they would like to incorporate.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely ask how they would normally do things. You'll get much better ideas from your fiancé's family about their traditions and expectations than from the internet because it can vary so much even within a given culture.
  • I think your best bet is asking your FI's family what type of traditions and aspects go in to their type of wedding. I am sure your FMIL would love to be involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards