Massachusetts-Cape Cod

need help with reception

hi everyone so i am planning a outdoor wedding and a bbq at the elks club in eastham.  My fiance and i have chosen to pay for everything so we are trying to cut cost anyways i was wondering what everyones opinions are on using picnic tables for the reception. I leaning against using them because its a little to informal but i cant make my mind up.  Help please lol

Re: need help with reception

• edited December 2011
    Seems really casual, but if that what you guys want go for it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Why not? Sounds really cute! Very laid-back Cape, which I am trying to create for my wedding, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An acquaintance of mine just did this back home. She had lines and lines of picnic tables for her reception. I'm guessing that means you're doing a buffet BBQ? It worked out okay for her because the women weren't dressed in super short skirts or high heels. She did however get round tables for her family so it was a little more intimate for them, and she had a head table (you could just sit on one side of the picnic table most toward the front facing the crowd so all your guests could see you). One thing I would recommend is lots of plastic table cloths, as well as covering the seats with the plastic so you don't get splinters or snag anything. If you're having a casual wedding with a casual reception, no one will think twice about it! HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I think picnis tables are really difficult for people in dresses and heels to manuever. Unless you are planning on having a completely informal reception, I would not do it.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed- if people won't be wearing dresses, it'll be fine, but getting into a picnic table in a dress can really be a hot mess, in more ways than one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards