Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Blackheads

Ok ladies, so this may sound gross because it sounds gross to me just typing it, but I have blackheads under my arm and my wedding dress is strapless.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of it and also how to maybe minimize stretch marks under your arm....PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Blackheads

• Hi Kerin,

The good thing is... you've got time!  I know everyone says don't pick it, but seriously, it's the only way to get 'em out. *Carefully* get them out (they are probably growing long-wise in the stretchmarks) at least a month before the wedding; be gentle & don't gouge or tear your skin (it's soft there!).  Then use a gentle exfoliating cleanser & a soft brush morning & night to keep the oil/bacteria/dirt that is causing the blackheads out of your pores.  A cleanser like pHisoderm is a good idea, too. Be sure to moisturize w/ a noncomedogenic cream or lotion so the skin doesn't get dry or irritated... I love Oil of Olay.

Basically be very vigilant about keeping the pores clean & you should be okay... be sure not to pick at them anytime in the month leading up to the wedding, or it may show (not pretty!). Stretch marks respond well to the Palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks formula. Good luck!
  • I will try that, thank u so much!!!!
  • Missy is totally right, you've gotta get those suckers.

I went to Sephora and bought a little tool.. they might even call it a blackhead remover.  It's made of steel or something and it has a small loop at one end.  After a nice warm shower, when your pores are open and the skin is soft, just gently press the tool to your skin and the blemish will slide right out.  Should be quick and painless!
  • Jenny, you're right it is called a blackhead remover :). I've got one, too! lol You can get 'em at most drugstores, too; I've even seen them at grocery stores.  I've noticed that the skin on the underside of your arm is very soft, though, & that lil' tool won't do much but bruise you there... I'd stick w/ *carefully* using your nails. Sounds nasty, i know, lol  Good luck!
  • Tools can be dangerous and leave scars, so be careful if you go that route.

Perhaps you could have a "facial" on your underarms?

Less painful and potentially scar producing idea: try Biore pore strips. They are great at removing blackheads. You could also try a glycolic facial peel product in that area, Boots makes one that is pretty good, it's usually around 28 bucks at target.

Mederma just came out with a stretch mark cream, similar to their scar cream. I've used their scar cream and have definitely seen a reduction in the appearance of two scars.
  • Usually, the skin of the arms is so different from the skin on the face that what you are thinking are blackheads are probably some other skin condition.  You can't treat it like blackheads on your face.  I would recommend seeing a dermatologist.
  • Thank You ladies for all your help, I've tried removing them myself and so far success!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards