Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Holiday Questions- Part 2!

What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Favorite Thanksgiving dish?

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition?

What is your favorite holiday movie?

Re: Holiday Questions- Part 2!

• Options
    What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah? I think we are being lame and not buying each other presents this year. We just spent a lot of money on hardwood flooring for our place so I think that is our joint gift to each other. lol.

Favorite Thanksgiving dish? Stuffing!

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? Making homemade Christmas cookies with my family/fiance. :)

What is your favorite holiday movie? Love Actually
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah?  I already got him the new 007 Goldeneye game for the Wii that he's been playing constantly. Then I'm gonna get him a new bathrobe (yes, he wears a bathrobe, feel free to make fun of him, I do all the time), and cologne that he really likes.

Favorite Thanksgiving dish? Pumpkin roll! I ate way too much of it this year.

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? Decorating the tree with FI and putting decorations around whatever apartment we are living in at the time. Also driving around to all of the fancy houses and looking at Christmas lights!

What is your favorite holiday movie? It's a toss up between A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation.
  • Options
     What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah? we decided no gifts since we're moving in together in 12 days, but I would have liked to get him a craftsman set

Favorite Thanksgiving dish? stuffing and dutch apple pie

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? going down Christmas Tree Lane - a 3 mi (?) part of a neighborhood that just lights up everything, really fun; listening to Christmas music; putting up the tree and lights; going to Cobb Ranch and picking out a tree (it's a day long process, so much fun)

What is your favorite holiday movie? Polar Express or Jim Carrey's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

P.S. I'll probably get flamed for this...but I cannot stand The Christmas Story - never seen it and I never want to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
     What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah? Not sure yet. He has hinted at a few xBox games but I got him a game for his b-day so I want to get him something more personal. 

Favorite Thanksgiving dish?  My grandma's broccoli casserol its super yummy

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? I would have to say decorating the tree.  We do it every year at the begining of the month or a few days before december and I have always loved doing that even as a kid.  It was a big thing.  My mom would put on the lights and let us "help"  and then my bro and I had our specific ornaments that we hung each year. Also I LOVE my moms tree ornaments because they are all hand made by her or us when we were kids.  I can not wait until we will have things our kids make to decorate the tree. 

What is your favorite holiday movie  definately A Christmas Story. Also the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, the cartoon one and the one with Jim Carey, is great too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah?  I already bought him 2 new pairs of jeans.  And he'll prob get new shoes as well.  We're not spending much this year so that will prob be it.  

Favorite Thanksgiving dish?  mash potatoes and cranberry sauce.

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition?  Opening presents at my moms christmas morning.  I like still being a "kid" that day lol

What is your favorite holiday movie? The Santa Claus
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah? No clue. He made me a list and it's all tv series dvd box sets and video games. We're going to do a scaled down Christmas this year because we should be putting all of our $ into the wedding. So I'll probably get him the game he went ("Call of Duty black ops") and one of the tv series dvds. And the cats got him the book "Eat this, Not that" ;)

Favorite Thanksgiving dish? My mom's stuffing!

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? Every year on Christmas Eve my family goes to church, then has Chinese food for dinner at my parent's house. Then on Christmas morning we open our stockings, have a special crock pot breakfast then open presents together.

What is your favorite holiday movie? Love Actually! I'm so sad because I somehow lost my copy (maybe when we moved?) So I have to go buy a new one because I always watched it at least twice at Christmas time :)
  • Options
     What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah?
    a surround sound that hes been oogling
    Favorite Thanksgiving dish?
    roasted porl (pernil) served at every puerto rican holiday
    What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition?
    exchanging gifts...i looove buying gifts for people even though my wallet hates it
    What is your favorite holiday movie?
    ELF!!! oh man i can watch that all day everyday...SANTAS COMING!!! I KNOW HIM!! lmao
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_holiday-questions-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:4959d273-05d8-474d-b1e7-c5f6acf66527Post:84752073-dab4-406b-be22-58278cf0a657">Re: Holiday Questions- Part 2!</a>:
    [QUOTE] ("Call of Duty black ops") [/QUOTE]

you can tell him the game isn't that great, except for zombie mode. Jer has a modded xbox and plays it but prefers Modern Warfare 2. Course you can tell him all of this and it means nothing because men are so fascinated with COD and play it all the time...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    What are you buying your FI for Christmas/Hanukkah? I have NO IDEA! He is so hard to shop for and when I ask for ideas all I get is "nothing." Grrrr! We are doing a small Christmas this year since we're leaving 3 days later...Maybe an xbox game? Any suggestions?!

Favorite Thanksgiving dish? Pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream!

What's your favorite Christmas/Hanakkah tradition? We didn't really have any growing up and I never really liked Christmas. So I guess I am most excited about starting my own traditions with my own family!

What is your favorite holiday movie? Christmas Vacation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards