Interracial Weddings

:::LittleLuckyPenny:::

So how did it go with the FI?

I meant to ask you, which island are you from specifically? I'm curious.

What does your dress look like?
Vacation White Knot

Re: :::LittleLuckyPenny:::

• edited February 2012
    I sent you a PM yesterday :)

I'm from St. Thomas, USVI (yay).  I've been in the states since I left for college, but I try to go back when I can (not nearly often enough!)

Here's my dress:  Hope it looks as good on me as it does her!!!  haha
  • Its beautiful, it will look gorgeous on you I'm sure
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_littleluckypenny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:eeb2522b-de2d-4634-a7e6-480c77b6072fPost:e9a50718-2808-46e3-9cf5-a38d9697deae">Re: :::LittleLuckyPenny:::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its beautiful, it will look gorgeous on you I'm sure
    Posted by 7E&G7[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • I JUST saw your message and your dress is gorgeous...where are you guys getting married? We're getting married in Solon; a booming metropolis of 150 people and 400 cows.
    Vacation White Knot
  • We're getting married in northern Dutchess County (about 15 minutes north of where Chelsea Clinton got married) and having the reception another half hour north of there....190 invited guests!  No idea I knew that many people (haha).  My family will be in for a shock as it's a very rural area.

Your "metropolis" comment made me lol!  It reminds me of the town my alma mater is located.  It's like, "turn left at the kid with the tractor" type of area.  The post office and police station for the ENTIRE town was on campus, so yeah, we were small potatoes.

Thanks on commenting on the dress.  I like it too.  I really think it fits my personality; simple and classic.  Or to my family, "boring".  lol  I didn't inherit the fashion-risk-taker "gene" like everyone else. 

Oh, I mentioned you to FI about how similar we were (IR couple, Cooperstown, caribbean), he thinks that's pretty cool too.

"What's your dress like?
  • The Caribbean is riddled with the fashion taker gene. My mother brought up a dress for the engagement party months ago that me and my cousin just kinda stared at. It was pink, green, grey and orange with giant print flowers. I just took her to JC Penny.

My family thinks my dress is super boring too! OMG what is that?

My FI can't believe how cool it is either; PM me your FI's name because it's really likely they know each other. Did your FI do outward bound? Apparently every teenager from Cooperstown did it at one time or another.
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_littleluckypenny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:eeb2522b-de2d-4634-a7e6-480c77b6072fPost:5291c288-26a7-45f7-8f2c-ae0228e6db8c">Re: :::LittleLuckyPenny:::</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Caribbean is riddled with the fashion taker gene. My mother brought up a dress for the engagement party months ago that me and my cousin just kinda stared at. It was pink, green, grey and orange with giant print flowers. I just took her to JC Penny. My family thinks my dress is super boring too! OMG what is that?
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

Lol. Love it!  And love the dress!  It's beautiful and if you feel beautiful in it, that's all that matters. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards