Oklahoma
Options

Venue recommendations (OKC Area)

Hi ladies,

My FI and I are looking for a venue in the OKC area. We're expecting no more than 100 guests, and our budget is 7k max. We're looking for a place that will allow alcohol and at least 3 hours after the ceremony for the reception so that we have ample time for dinner and a dj. We've talked to Creekside Chapel, The Greens Country Club, and Cole's Gardens, and while all of them are beautiful, we'd wind up spending close to all 7k of our budget there which would leave having to cut into our photography and floral budget. We've also talked with Old Trinity at Paseo, but they're out due to no parking. Does anyone have any recomendations? We'd prefer a place where we can have both the ceremony and reception there, but I am open to others as well. Thanks in Advance! ~ Sarah

Re: Venue recommendations (OKC Area)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're not hooked on all-in-one catering, etc., you can get married at the Overholser Mansion in OKC for under $1000.  You can have the ceremony on the lawn of the mansion and have a tent for the reception or have the reception in the former carriage house.  The website is www.overholsermansion.org.  You can bring in whatever catering, bar service, etc. you want.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And if you haven't found a photographer yet then you should check into Stephanie J. Riley Photography. She did my wedding and she is amazing and her prices are the best that you will find anywhere.... trust me. Her website is www.stephaniejrileyphotography.com
  • Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Festivities Event Center in El Reno. It is a BEAUTIFUL place and very inexpensive! There is an outdoor area for a ceremony and indoor are for the reception. As far as alcohol, there is a full service bar! They have been awesome to work with also. Every month, on the first Tuesday, there is an open house. You should check it out in February!

Good luck on the search!
  • Options
    cabbit09cabbit09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few of the places I've looked at:

I Cross My Heart Chapel in Choctaw
    Boulevard Chapel in Edmond
    Ashland Gardens in OKC
    Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast in Norman
    Embassy Suites Hotel in Norman
    A Touch of Elegance in OKC

I don't have all my notes with me at the moment, and I don't recall catering prices or whether or not some of these locations allow outside catering if you would want that. My family doesn't drink so we won't be serving alcohol, but all the locations served at least beer and wine. I do remember that the Boulevard Chapel gives you three hours total for ceremony and reception, so that may not be something you want to look at. I'm inviting about 75-100 people, and the base price for most of these was close to $3000, give or take a couple hundred. Ashland Gardens was closer to $2000 than $3000. Some people have also recommended Ivory Gardens in Norman, but I haven't seen it and I don't know the prices. I've also heard good things about the Festivities Event Center.

Anyway, Good luck! Hopefully that's helpful.
  • Options
    SonyajmSonyajm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out Rosebriar Chapel. Their website is Rosebriarplace.com they are located on Council Road just south of 122nd. It is a pretty place, you can view it on line. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards