Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Holden, Shoreby, Manor House, or Hillbrook?

I'm trying to plan an Ohio ceremony from California, and I won't be able to visit the venue before making a decision.  I would really love and appreciate your input!

Shoreby & Hillbrook look the most beautiful, but only have Fridays or Sundays available (which might be difficult since my fiance's family will be driving in from Michigan).  Holden and Manor House have Saturdays available, but I'd have to rent chairs and tables and hire a catering company (= more work). 

We're looking at 50-60 people and I'd like the theme to be old-world European luxury with antique books as centerpieces.

What would you do!? Which of these venues is your favorite?

xoxo

Re: Holden, Shoreby, Manor House, or Hillbrook?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i havent been to the others, but my sister had her wedding in 2009 at Shoreby and it was beautiful! the bluff overlooking the lake gave such a great background and the club is great to work with! we got there all the time and will be having my bridal shower there! gluck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All I can speak for is Holden. My August 2011 wedding will be there. Are you looking to use their main area or Lantern Court? I definately recomend Lantern court for your theme! Carri An is great to work with there too! It does, however involve hiring every vendor known to man. If you go with Holden, I recomend Signature Events with Food For Thought. Susan Miga has been amazing to work with!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at all of these and ended up booking Hillbrook for my July 2012 wedding.  I really wanted to have the ceremony in a garden and Hillbrook provided the best options for me regarding location, facilities, etc.  Holden was a little too small for the number I was looking at but it would have been a strong contender if I could have guaranteed an indoor space (non-tent) for the reception for my guest count.  The lantern court would be perfect for your theme.  The manor house is also BEAUTIFUL and would go well with your theme.  I was a little leery about Manor House though because I hadn't really found any reviews (positive or negative) about events there.  Also, Holden's rental fee is much cheaper than the other locations you suggested :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are all awesome, thank you for the suggestions!

It's crazy that Lantern Terrace and Manor House have very little info about them online! They both look beautiful, but I'm concerned that it will be too much work for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're looking at Shoreby and Hillbrook, but we haven't made a final venue decision yet for our 2012 wedding. However, we have hired a wedding coordinator and she's been tremendously helpful. Since you're planning a wedding from across the country, it might be advantageous to consider hiring a professional coordinator to help you with your plans. Our Coordinator's name is Angela Wish and her website is www.aweddingwish.wordpress.com. Hope that helps! smiley-smile.gif

• Options
    soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you looked at the College Club? They are not that well known and may have availability
    http://thecollegeclub.org/weddings.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards