Military Brides

Where are all the soon to be Navy wives?

Hello ladies,

Well I'm new to the world of the knot and all of you out there. But I was wondering where are all the soon to be navy wives? I haven't met any and I know there are bound to be some out there. I want to know how everyone is doing with their planning and what not. If there have been any major complications that you've ran into.

I'm just starting my guest list and that is turning into my nightmare personally. Hope you are all well.

C
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are all the soon to be Navy wives?

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no longer a soon-to-be, I am now a Navy wife though.  Welcome to the board.  I feel like most of the posters on here are from other branches, but I know there are some other Navy ones.

Our planning was pretty easy since we got married while H was still on shore duty.  We actually just did our PCS and he will be checking in next week to his new command.  The only snafu we really had with the planning due to the Navy was that we were hoping to stay on the East coast, but got stationed on the West coast instead.  Our original wedding date was New Years Eve this year, but since we were moving so far, and also since we found out H would be deployed for NYE,  we decided to move it up to July. 

If you have any questions about specific Navy stuff I'll be glad to help you, or with anything else I can.  The ladies on here are very knowledgeable with all things military, as well as things you'll need to do after the wedding.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not a soon to be either.  I am a Navy wife.  I did not planning other than, "What day do we want to go see the JOP?  Mom and dad come out then."  Where are you stationed in California? My H is an FMF corpsman...what does yours do?

Basically I won't be very helpful with wedding stuff but ask me any other questions you may have.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kimburrr Kimburrr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI
    I am a soon to be Navy wife, although we are going to do a JOP wedding on friday, but I'm still planning my wedding! I havent really done much planing other than thinking of the theme, colors, and time of year. It's hard to do any real planning until I know his schedule, so were waiting till November to set a date :) 
    I can try and help as mush as I can so feel free to ask any questions 

Kim 
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm a soon-to-be Navy wife! Welcome to the boards! Planning has been great, although I am doing it alone. FI has been stationed in Japan the past 2 years, and will be for another year. He's actually underway right now, but they get back in port next month, so I'll be flying out there to visit! I usually visit months at a time when they're in port. It sucks that he's not here to help with all the planning(our wedding is in March) but we email and talk to each other a lot and discuss our wedding that way. I send him pictures too for approval on things. The major complication we did have however, was the approval for his leave at the wedding. Their ship's schedule has been changing a lot this year, and a lot of things are unknown. But his leave for our wedding and honeymoon has recently been approved, so that's definitely great news! Definitely nice to have that off our shoulders! Okay I think I'm talking too much now. LOL. Welcome again. Feel free to ask anything! Happy Planning! Smile
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'll be a Navy wife in one month.  We are getting married in a base chapel and having our reception at one of the clubs on the same base.  Because of this we need certain information from our civilian guests so that they can be placed on a guest list for base security.  I've been having issues with people providing the information correctly and I don't know how much clearer I can be about what we need or the fact that armed guards with turn them away if the proper information isn't on the list. 

FI has been in and out to sea throughout our entire engagement so we were at the mercy of the Navy when it came to picking a date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be a Navy wife. (And he'll be a Marine husband.) Unfortunately, we have to go ahead and get maried while I'm still in school. Because once he commissions and goes on to his first duty station, we won't know when we'll ever have a chance to plan a wedding because we won't know for sure when and where he'll be.
  • caseymeliacaseymelia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am a soon to be navy wife. My fiance in stationed in San Diego, California. We were best friends for 2 years before we started dating. I have been the one doing almost all of the planning but it's hard when he is so far away from me. I live in South Carolina and that is where is he originally from. We are getting married on June 18, 2011 but he deploys on Dec. 7, 2010 so looks like I'm going to be doing all of the wedding planning now by myself but also with the help of my mom and his mom and step-mom. I'm looking forward to being a Navy wife, and congrats to those of you who already are.
  • natalieervinnatalieervin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a soon to be Navy wife. We are getting married on June 4th 2011. We have had one complication. He is changing jobs in December, going from RMR to Crucible. He is a Navy Corpsman. Which means he won't know if he can get leave for the wedding in June until January. It is kind of stressful, but it will all work out in the end! :) He is currently stationed in Sc and we will be there for the first 2 months that we are married and then we are moving to another base. We won't know where that will be until the end of the year ( maybe). It's hard not knowing everything, because it is hard to plan. If your fiance is anything like mine, you will be doing all the planning. Everytime I ask him a question his answer is, "whatever you want, is fine with me babe." Anyway, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) Happy Planning!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am a soon to be Navy wife.  FI and I were together before he joined and have stayed together since (7 years!) I am pretty lucky in some respects because FI is a full time recruiter and will not be deployed.  He does get to come home every night and most weekends we can do wedding stuff.  However, as everyone knows with the Navy, if the Navy calls you go.  Recently things have been really tough for him and he's been at work 7 days a week for at least 12 hours a day.  He did get this Saturday off because we have our engagement pictures in a different state, but it was like pulling teeth trying to get even that.  So, we roll with it the best we can.  The hope is things will die down when his chief is transferred (4 weeks--but who's counting!) and he takes over.  We will have to see though!   Good luck with everything!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am a soon-to-be Navy wife. Our wedding isn't planned until May of 2012 (Memorial Day weekend). We are hoping that because its a federal holiday weekend we won't have as much trouble getting the time off. FI will be finished with training next month, so it also stresses me out that we don't know where he will be and that its ok for me to be making plans. I have found my dress Laughing and we have our reception location. I hope I'm not doing all this for nothing, because we don't know if he will be on deployment or even where he will be stationed. Good luck to you and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I am a soon to be navy-wife, and him a navy husband. We have to get married before I graduate college because afterward I go off to OCS. We want to get married before then, because afterward we have no idea if we will be able to have a big wedding. It is so hard planning without him because I am also studying for college as well. I also feel bad that I am making decisions without him, but it is hard because he is currently deployed and we are 1000 miles apart when he is in port anyway.
    So going though it myself I have to say Good luck to everyone else and congrats to those who were able to get married already :)
  • Chels7286Chels7286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi! I am a soon to be Navy wife, getting married this upcoming January. Things have gone fairly well, with slight Navy complications!

FH is in the submarine force and was scheduled to report to shore duty in December, leaving plenty of time for the wedding. We recently found out, though, that not only will he not be leaving the boat as scheduled, but that they are due to be out to sea during our wedding. It was touch and go for a while, but we recently found out that he will be allowed to miss part of the underway to get married.

Hope that your planning is going well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hi all :)
    I'm a soon to be Navy wife as well! Woo hoo!
    We are getting married July 2, 2011! It seems so far away, but I'm sure time will fly by. Like many of you, we are getting married before I finish nursing school, ohh the joys of the military, and of course I'm doing all the planning without any input from the fiancee.
    Congratulations to you all! What an exciting time in our lives!

• edited December 2011
    HI I'm a soon to be navy wife. Well not too soon. The wedding isn't planned until April 21, 2012. It's about a year and a half which leaves a lot of planning time. Hopefully it works out. We still don't know what his schedule will be like. He is currently in boot camp and graduates December 3rd. Super excited but I currently am married to another man and waitng for the divorce to be finalized. Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone..I haven't been very active on this board. I'm a soon to be Navy wife. My FI is a Seabee with the Navy. We are getting married May 12, 2012. We have had a few complications on both ends. I'm in grad school working on my PhD and I've been going back and forth with the dates. Plus we're getting married in VA and I live in IL. It's a lot going on. Congrats to you all and I hope to get to know you all. Happy Planning!!
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Not a Navy Wife, but I'm in the Navy.. If you have any Navy questions, PM me or whatever!! Welcome!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards