South Carolina
Options

Food Prices

Ladies,

I am currently interviewing caterers and some of these prices are nothing short of shocking. We are looking to have a plated dinner and passed appetizers but costs are moving towards $60/pp. What are you having and how much per person is it for you? This does not include alcohol because our venue is allowing us to bring in our own. I'm in Columbia if this helps. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Food Prices

• Options
    victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. food is super expensive! We booked a wonderful caterer (in myrtle beach) who is only charging us $12pp (this includes all sorts of food...probably more than we need) which is an amazing price. But, when we talked to different caterers we thought that the prices were pretty crazy! 
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue charges $26.00 a person for a buffet and like $34.00 for a sit down.  That includes a fruit and cheese display but other apps are extra.

Victoria - What caterer did you book?  Where are you having your reception? 
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Food Prices can be outrageous!!!!  We were shocked at the different prices. We wanted to get married at Pine Lakes Country Club in Myrtle Beach, but it did not work for us.  The food price there was $48.00 per person.  We checked the Marriot in Myrtle Beach and they charge $55.00 per person.  The Hilton has a great menu and they offer apps for free.  If you get married on Friday or Sunday the price drops by $2500.00 We are getting married at the Cooper House in Myrtle Beach.  They are charging $13.00 per person. 

Cayres, the Cooper House does outside catering.  You should check with them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked a caterer that most of my friends had when they got married. Her name is Jean Wood Brown. She is amazing!  And, I'm having my reception at the Peanut Warehouse in Conway. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Victoria,
    Can you post a link for Jean Wood Brown or some contact info? 

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We had a plated dinner and it was $110 a head.  It included lamb, roasted chicken, mushroom risotto, vegetables, soup/salad and bread. 

I also worked on the banquet team for Charleston Place and $60 a head doesn't sound unreasonale for a plated dinner, depending on what you're serving. 

ETA:  We also had a cocktail hour with butler-passed hors d'oeuvres.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards