Indiana
Options

Small after wedding trip ideas

My FI and I decided to go away for a few days after the wedding to Indianapolis or Chicago, nothing too crazy fancy. Then we will be going on a honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip next year somewhere with a beach! Any thoughts on nice hotels in the Indy area and fun stuff to do down there in October? Our wedding is the 22nd. We are planning on going away from Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon.  We are thinking of hitting up the Melting Pot but other than that I need some ideas of good restaurants and things to do for a couple days. Are there any good museums there? In Chicago we would go to a couple restaurants I know of and try to go to Shedd Aquarium.

Re: Small after wedding trip ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Book your hotel through priceline, with name your price. I usually stay in 4-star downtown Indy hotels for $45-50/night. Do you watch the Colts? You could check if they're playing while you are there.  The Indy art museum is cool. Downtown has a ton of nice retaurants and you can walk pretty much everywhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Go to a Colts game! That's actually what H and I did. My parents sent us on a minimoon (we waited for our 6 month anniversary for our HM), and we stayed at the Omni downtown and went to a Colts game. Do like PP said and name your own price on Priceline. I never pay more than $60/night for a 4star hotel. If you don't want to do that, the hotels downtown that I like are the Omni, the Westin, the Hyatt and University Place (on the IUPUI campus).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I looked into priceline and will look again closer to the time we are leaving. I wouldn't be mad getting a 4 star hotel cheap! I love the idea of the art museum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoy staying in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Indy. They have hotel rooms that are in actual train cars. The train was parked and then converted into a hotel. Not all of their rooms are in the train cars, so make sure you request it.

To do:  Indy has an awesome zoo, children's museum, art museum, or the Eiteljorg museum. If you are into shows I would also check to see what the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra or Beef and Boards are playing.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards