Chit Chat

Holy Flood!

I'm sure some of you live on the East Coast and I'm sure you know its raining cats and dogs out there. I had class this morning in the city (Lancaster PA) and I left class to walk to the parking garage. The street it is on was flooded atleast 8 inches to a foot of water. And to top it off I chose to wear flip flips (I'm dumb). So, I rolled my jeans up and started to walk through it and my one flip flop came off and the stream of water took it away halfway down the street before another girl grabbed it for me. And what makes it even better is that, the road is called Water Street! Ha, ha.

Anyone else have some flood stories for today??

Heres a picture of it-

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Holy Flood!

• My hometown has been flooding continuously for the past 17 years.  It finally made national news last week.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iPtGPZrklcC2khzS4M4T-0gd-kLAD9ID5H3O1
    panther
  • Wow! That's crazy! I couldn't imagine living somewhere where its literally flooded all the time ha, ha.

ps- I like your sig pic, it's very cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_holy-flood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:323a3157-1f39-4f03-80fd-8cbadbe78742Post:273e627f-153d-4728-969d-fa4acef0f08d">Re: Holy Flood!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! That's crazy! I couldn't imagine living somewhere where its literally flooded all the time <strong>ha, ha</strong>. ps- I like your sig pic, it's very cute!
    Posted by nicweaver[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not entirely funny.  My dad's a farmer and he's lost 2,000 acres.  Next year he'll probably lose another 1,000.  And the way the laws are written and the rules of flood insurance goes, he isn't compensated for anything.  In fact, he still pays taxes on his formerly productive, now flooded farmland.  And he's just one of many farmers and countless other people in the area who are flooded.

But thanks for the comment on my pic :)
    panther
  • Sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like it's funny. I was just trying to be light hearted about it. My story isn't really that serious that's why I was kind of just joking around. I didn't mean to offend you, sorry. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No it's okay.  It's just hard to make it lighthearted anymore.  This flood has pretty much been a slow growing torture or cancer that's completely eroded the entire area, and it's just awful.  It's a small town - and people can say what they want about it - but seriously, you go home, you know everyone, and it's like family.  Can you imagine if this was happening to your entire family?
    panther
  • We had a tropical storm hit us a bout a week ago... this was my back yard

Gotta love living on the gulf!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • wow nic!  My son works at Penn Sq. in Lancaster.  That's only a couple of blocks from where you were, right? 

I'll have to call him!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • We had some major flooding last week. Hurricane Igor was only about 30 or so KM's from Newfoundland! Now that clean up had begun, I can safely say I survived a hurricane :P Not something I'd like to experience again anytime soon though :)
  • Wow jessie, that's crazy! Definitely a flood there. I hope it's not like that anymore.

Yes trix, I go to PCAD, I had no idea it was getting that bad untill I stepped outside.

Ncsu, that almost happened to me a few times when I went to Giant. Now I steer clear of those yellow and white lines if its wet out and I'm wearing flip flops. I hope you were ok haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards