Flowers

Flowers in bouquets, bouts and centerpieces

Do the flowers have to match throughout the ceremony/reception? Or just the color? My girls are carrying white daisy bouquets and my bouquet is a cascading bouquet with bluebells, weeping wisterias, and sunflowers. I was thinking of having the boys bouts be white daisy centered and my groom's bout have a sunflower/bluebell. I want ours to be the only colored ones with sunflowers.

But I don't know how to tie in the flowers I have in the centerpieces. I have a bunch of sunflowers I bought, but I'm thinking I'm going to get white daisies for my centerpieces. We are having our reception in a barn and it's going to be really simple and elegant. I think my cake is going to have daisies on it. My cake baker said I was delicate and she is doing a basket weave. What about if we pull in the blue of the bluiebells and yellow of the sunflowers with the linens or something other than the centerpieces? Or even if we do use colored flowers for the centers, what do you think I should do?

Thanks!

Re: Flowers in bouquets, bouts and centerpieces

• jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do all the flowers for the centerpieces and then no linens on the tables since it is in a barn.  I like the rustic look of wooden tables in a barn personally.  And I would have the flowers in mason jars instead of any kind of vase, and some white candles in mason jars on the tables too.  Then the cake matching the bm's boquets would tie it together nicely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My flowers don't necessarily match.  My bouquet and the BM bouquets all have sunflowers in them.  But the groom has craspedia, fiddlehead ferns and wheat.  The GM and fathers are having hypericum berries and wheat and the mothers are having viking poms and conehead pods.

Our centerpieces are going to be mason jars with candles and pumpkins with some sunflowers.  I chose sunflowers as the main flower because they are my favorite.  I also plan to have other flowers in the centerpieces like mums, dahlias and some grasses and wheat.  Like you my wedding is going to be very rustic and outdoorsy.

All the colors are going to be orange, and dark reds.  Flowers don't have to match your bouquet at all.  I'm sure it will all look beautiful together on your wedding day.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards