Ohio-Northeast
Options

Candy Bar - need help (:

Hello ! So my FI and I have decided to do a candy bar.

I need to know how much candy to buy for 125 people. (I do not want to run out )

We will probably have 10 different candies - with chinese takeout boxes to hold the candy. Also which kind of glass containers work the best??

Thank you for any advice (;

Re: Candy Bar - need help (:

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a candy buffet, but I've attended weddings where they had them. They're always a fun addition to the party! The rule of thumb I've heard is approx. 1/4lb (aka 4 oz) of candy per guest. If that's true, 125x.25=31.25lb of candy. If you're figuring on 10 kinds of candy, that would be 3.125lb per type. If you want to be sure to have plenty (and are ok with having leftovers for future parties, Halloween, etc), round up a bit.

As for glass containers, just make sure they have a large enough opening to accommodate the scoop size you have. Who will be in charge of refilling them at the reception as needed?

FYI, grocery stores will usually offer the best prices on bagged candy. You might also consider buying in bulk at a place like Mr. Bulky (Cuy. Falls) or B.A. Sweetie (Brooklyn). Sweetie's also carries bagged candies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much !!

We checked out BA Sweeties and it is awesome! We usually go there for Halloween and Christmas every year ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im doing the same thing. We are also having chinese boxs I would say about 3 to four lbs of each candy. enough for everyone to have at least half a box. Also if you have the cleveland entertainment book you can get 10% off on all your candy at b.a. sweety. As far as jars I have a whole ton of different shapes and sizes. we have 2 martini glasses for like jelly beans or something some big circle jars. I would say any kind of jars would work.
  • Options
    codered42codered42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a candy bar and have found glass pieces at old time pottery and tj maxx and marshalls for reasonable prices.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this wasn't your question and it may not be in the budget but I had A Wedding Wish do my candy buffet and it was BEAUTIFUL and loved that it was part of the decor. I didn't have to worry about buying the candy, setting up, refilling, or tearing down. Just an idea. I know it will be a big hit.

I know it will be a big hit. People were like animals at my wedding for it. Like they never saw candy before in their life ;)
  • Options
    juacvdojuacvdo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_candy-bar-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:b3aea6bb-b528-41c1-98c3-ed0332a29d97Post:1fb3a948-1178-41ee-b1b5-2d2f5bac298e">Re: Candy Bar - need help (:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this wasn't your question and it may not be in the budget but I had A Wedding Wish do my candy buffet and it was BEAUTIFUL and loved that it was part of the decor. I didn't have to worry about buying the candy, setting up, refilling, or tearing down. Just an idea. I know it will be a big hit. I know it will be a big hit. People were like animals at my wedding for it. Like they never saw candy before in their life ;)
    Posted by Emily99[/QUOTE]

Do you have the contact number or website address for A Wedding Wish?  Also, do you have pix of your candy bar that you can share with us?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards