Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Men's wedding ring suggestions?

We went to look at wedding rings yesterday (finally!).  FI is really picky, and he has an "idea" what he wants, but I searched the interwebs for what he wants last night and I really don't know if it exists.. just a plain spun satin band, no edging, no nothing...  Preferably palladium or white gold as opposed to tungsten or platinum.  We found a few that came pretty close to what he discovered he wants in the store, with just a little polished edging (they're very nice looking IMO).  I'm hoping he decides he likes one of them because we need to order by the end of April/early May. 

Any suggestions of where we might find something like this or if jewelers can make something like this?  We're going through Radcliffe's in Towson since that's where he bought my e-ring. 

He tried on some things similar to this, and said they are 'maybes'... I can't believe he's being so picky!  But I want him to LOVE whatever he decides on because he won't wear it if he doesn't love it... he's not a ring/jewelry guy at all... not even watches!
http://www.radcliffejewelers.com/Gents_6mm_Wedding_Band-By-Radcliffe-7994.html

Mine is: http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1698, very excited because Radcliffe offers it at a much more affordable price than what I was expecting.  It can also come in platinum (or palladium in another brand, the ring is identical), which is awesome because those are the natural white metals and hold up better than my white gold e-ring against the hospital soaps and hand sanitizers- yay! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.

Re: Men's wedding ring suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered H's wedding band from this website, and had a really great experience with them.  They have a good variety of White Gold and Paladium bands similar to what your FI is looking for, so it might be worth having him browse that site.

http://eweddingbands.com/index.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got both of our wedding bands from Jared.  They have a great selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got DH ring from Reeds, that's where mine are from.  He got tungsten carbide and LOVES it.  Barely scratches.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends got their wedding bands off of www.bluenile.com and swear by the site.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  I did find this this morning:http://www.justmensrings.com/details.asp?ProductCode=JB1177

I just hope it looks a little nicer in person than online.  He likes the softer look of the brushed/spun metal as opposed to the shiny polished.  And because he uses his hands at work he wants a realtively softer metal like white gold or palladium (as opposed to tungsten or platinum) so the ring could be cut off if an emergency happened...

SMange I forgot to browse the Jared collection online last night!  He actually bought me a diamond from Jared and was going to have it set at Smyth's but Smyth's sold the setting, which is how he ended up getting my Radcliffe's ring.  He really like Jared though... we'll have to check out all these places!

tmm- I saw you bought a house in Constant Friendship... we live right down the street from there, close to the Dunkin Dounuts!!  I pass through CF every day on my way to/from work.  I'll wave tonight on my way in to work :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got all of our rings (Ering, and both wedding bands) from Smyth.  I know they have a huge selection of guys wedding bands. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for asking this question because we're looking for FI's band right now, too!  All of these suggestions are helpful.  PS - I think your band is beautiful!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this as well. We are going to look for FI's ring this weekend hopefully! We've tried once but found only a few that he liked but maybe this info might help us find one he really likes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards