South Asian Weddings

FREAKING OUT

I am seeing my boyfriend on Wednesday for the first time since MARCH.

Someone slap me. Or get me a martini...!!!

I keep going frantic with packing (I'm only going to be in TO with him for a few days before we come back here) and my room (as well as all the other rooms in the house) have yet to get done.

Someone snap me out of my paralyzing excitement and push me towards a vacuum, mop, duster, and organization!!!

Re: FREAKING OUT

• edited December 2011
    I think that if you haven't seen him since March, he is not going to care about what your house looks like, but that it's you he gets to spend time with.

I say go for the martini and celebrate the fact that you will see him in a few short days!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, Awww honey I can relate..I use to get shy seeing my FI only after a month gap
    You can take my advice if you want to a glass of wine will help!! lol..am serious it will help calm your nerves and let you be yourself and by the time it wears off you will have calmed down by then. But make sure you take two or three altoids after that so he wont know lol..I got caught once by FI but I admitted I was a bit jittery..he found it so cute :)
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last time he came, he was supposed to come the day after - the day I THOUGHT he was arriving.

My Mom told me that my Dad was having a surprise party held in his honor on behalf of the company he works for at a local restaurant. I went with my Mom and my brother couldn't make it that day. After waiting and waiting and telling the waitress we'd wait until my Dad's party of colleagues arrived, we'd order.

Finally, the waitress came up to us with a bag of candy that you can only find in London - one that my boyfriend introduced me to while I was there in the fall, one that he bought me a box of when we went to see a show. I freaked out - she said "someone said happy anniversary" and she said he was there! I said WHERE - she said...outside!

I RAN all the way outside the restaurant and he was around the corner in a suit, carrying beautiful flowers.

I was sobbing.

It turns out, he had planned to come a day early for months. He told my parents he'd be surprising me so they'd all planned this. He rented a car and navigated himself all the way to the hotel (he had never been to the US or driven here) as soon as he got off of the plane, he went to the florist he uses to send me flowers to buy not only me, but my Mom, two different boquets. He had called all the restaurants in the city and told them he wanted to surprise me and how and he had been there previously and picked out a beautiful table. When I thought he had been at home? He had automated emails sent to me as if he was still in London when he was ON THE PLANE.

This time, we're meeting up at Union Station. I am sure I will still cry, regardless. I get so anxious, so yes, that glass of wine is necessary.

I joke to him that he should have proposed that day. I ran right  towards him and was crying. Everybody in the restaurant knew and was watching from the window!

I can't wait!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, that's such a sweet story!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is supeeerrr sweeet story!! You guys gonna make such amazing loving couple!
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very sweet story sonali...I know you'll share another story with us very soon ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww, I completely understand.  That is such a cute sotry.  I know exactly how you feel, I don't see FI for months at a time and everytime we see each other it just feels like its brand new,  I guess I am just not good at describing it.  LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    That's is sooo cute and clever!!! He went through so much work! Lucky girl! It's very understandable why you are excited to see him on Wednesday! have a martini get cleaning and enjoy your time with him!
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh what a cute story! I hope you come back from the weekend with some news and some shiny new jewelry ;)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, I don't think he'll propose. The issue of where we'd live and with whom caused a lot of issues and we're just getting back to us and worrying about the rest later, although, I suspect it'll happen towards the end of this year or the beginning of next.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, I am a hopeless romantic, I guess. I am excited for you that it may happen this year! I love proposals and stories!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • mkjasanimkjasani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww!!!  That is so sweet!!  I am so excited for you - have a great time!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards