California-Northern

Buying Just Flowers in Sacramento

Hello. I am looking for a place in the Sacramento area that is affordable where I can just purchase flowers in order to make my own boquets and arrangments. Any ideas?

Re: Buying Just Flowers in Sacramento

• mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked around for the same, but didn't find any kind of flower mart, like they have in SF or LA. 

But, you can order online.  I've heard good things about FiftyFlowers.com and Costco.com also sells them in bulk.
  • edited December 2011
    We got our flowers for our DIY centerpieces at safeway and they were pretty reasonable.
  • apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The farmer's market we go to at 7th and X downtown has several flower vendors. You might want to talk to one of them and see if you can purchase from them... I was thinking of doing this at the farmer's market in Santa Cruz where we're getting married. I never did because we hired a DOC who happens to have a wholesale flower license, but it's an idea... GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the farmer's market and fiftyflowers.com.
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I heard Costco has decent flowers. I used them for my colelge graduation last year and they were good.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There is a wholesale place in Sac, but you need a wholesale license to buy things there.  It is suppose to be somewhere near Cal Expo.
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam's club or costco are good - if you need more assistance; Mom's Wholesale Florist can do wholesale flowers or do them all for you - or any combination of those two things. (i believe they also do classes on how to DIY)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Flora Fresh is a wholesale florist, and Im getting all my flowers there, but you do have to have a sellers permit. I just borrowed my boss' permit, and put my name and hers on the account. Im saving SO much money. I did a run through myself, and it was actually really fun to put it all together. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards