Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

I had to!!!!

My biological father passed when I was 9 but his sister has always been my soul companion, she called me and pleaded I take a pregnancy test each time, she has always had the most amazing faith in me, ill get random calls asking wants wrong before I get a chance to tell her.... I owe who I am TO HER bc she made sure I was raised the way my father wanted before he was taken too soon.

That being said she is going through a rough time right now medically. FI and I talked and we decided to send the invites to her and those related to me on that side NOW to hopefully lift her spirits. Was just going to be for her, BUT my cousin (her son) is performing the ceremony and they are traveling from Ark and KS to Cali for our wedding.

I have 2 middle names, the 2nd is her name. I don't use it for work or when I sign my name, its in my drivers license, that's abiut it. Well I decided to use both names on the invites.

My aunt called me today totally bawling about how seeing my given name on the invites made her heart race, took her breath away and made her so happy....

Totally made it worth it!!!!!!

Re: I had to!!!!

• Options
    It is nice she was so touched - what a nice way to honor her.  I'm really confused about the pregnancy test thing, though.
  • Options
    Me too Libby! Shed freak me out by calling and asking if I had tested. I tried for my 2nd for almost 2 yrs. I was due to have surgery to remove cysts bc the doc said it was stopping me from getting pg. I was 11 days away from surgery. Tested and gladly called to cancel my surgery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards