Catholic Weddings

Prayers of the Faithful - prayer for my children?

I have 4 children from a previous marriage, and I would like to include a petition for them in the prayers of the faithful but I am clueless on what to write.  I have this one for me and my FI:

For Joe and Anne, now beginning their life together, that they may have divine assistance at every moment, the constant support of friends, a warm love reaching out to others, and good health until a ripe old age.  We pray to the Lord.

But I am wondering if I should include the kids in that one, or do one for them. 

For, Kyle, Nicole, Lauren and Tyler...

Please help!!

Re: Prayers of the Faithful - prayer for my children?

• edited December 2011
    what about just adding somthing the the prayer you wrote above about blending your families? I think seperate could work too though. Maybe soemthing like "For Kyle, Nicole, Lauren and Tyler, as they begin life with their new families to welcome others into their lives and know the peace of being surrounded by love."
  • edited December 2011
    I think that's a wonderful idea. I will be a step mom to 3 kids and my fiance will be a step dad to my son, so a prayer for our kids would be wonderful. But I think a separate prayer focused on the kids is what I might do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards