New Mexico

Casas De Suenos

Has anyone used this venue or are using this venue for their wedding in Albuquerque?  Thoughts/comments?   It is on my short list but I can't believe the pricing is so high....higher than Los Poblanos and every other small Inn/B&B we have looked at.  The bonus with this place is the location, charm, and you can choose your own caterer and bring in your own alcohol.

Re: Casas De Suenos

• edited December 2011
    Nope, sorry... Los Pablanos seemed pricey to me!! What exactly are you looking for in a BandB?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mdsanchmdsanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was overpriced for what you got.   Toured the property awhile back with my mom, which we both liked it, and then found out the cheapest package  was around $6,000.  I had asked for pricing info in advance and the lady would not send it to me.  I didn't really press for it though either.  I guess she knows some people wouldn't even look if they knew that price ahead of time.  All you got with that was the property grounds, tables, chairs, and linens.  I had a caterer price out the tables, chairs, and linens if we purchased through them and it only totalled about $500.  We figured on the way high side it might be about $1000.  So, that makes the rental fee about $5,000.  Not worth it in my mind even if you do save money by bringing in your own food and drinks.  Also, the music/party has to end by 10pm.  That is early!  Oh, and speaking of music, we didn't care for the fact that the lady who tour us around said in regards to the music that she will go stand outside of the property during the event and if she can hear the music she asks for you to turn it down.  I understand respect for the neighbors and I am not looking for a rock concert at my wedding but I certainly don't want a mother hen looking over the event either. 
  • edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding there and it was beautiful, you can tell it was crazy expensive.  have you looked at hacienda antigua? or madeline's place in corrlaes, they are pretty similar
  • kbramlittkbramlitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did look at Hacienda Antigua which I liked the property but it was a bit removed from any action.  I did not look at Madeline's Place.  After all that mess of looking into B&B and small Inns we are scratching that route and going with the La Fonda hotel in Santa Fe. 
    I hate to write anything bad about Casas de Suenos especially after the owner/wedding person Lee Ann said to me...."If we have done all we have done and we can't make you happy I don't want you writing us bad reviews.  We are a small family run company and I can't afford that."  (I asked lots of questions, none out of the ordinary, and when I questioned the pricing/package that includes only tables and chair...big deal....she said she had "concerns" about hosting my reception at her property.  At the point of her saying this to me it was in a rude tone and caught me off guard.)  The thought would never have crossed my mind to write a bad review but now that she gave me the idea.... (in fact, I first posted good things about this place, even after our first verbal altercation...I have since gone back and erased it all.  If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.  So from here on out, I am not saying anything bad just saying honest opinions.  take it or leave it.) Unprofessional is what that woman is.  Lee Ann did say she only had two dates available for the entire summer so clearly I am in the minority of bad opinions of this place.  Perhaps that is why she budged very little on pricing and was incredibly inflexible from her "package."  She really racks in the dough on that "package" of hers.  She essentially said to me take it or leave it and if I didn't find the value in what she offers then leave it.  So, I left it cause I see no value in giving that woman my business.  I told her that her pricing was not in alignment with other comparable venues and asked if she could do better on the pricing.  She said that surprised her (as a business owner I think you are fully aware of competition and what else is available.)

Example:
    Casas de Suenos  Package without guest rooms is $6,000 with 7 guestrooms is $7,200    "Package" includes use of the property (that you have to share with other hotel guests), tables, chairs and linens. 
    Los Poblanos (in my opinion 5 stars over this 2.5 stars facility) was $4,000 for facility use, tables, chairs, linens, and some floral centerpieces. 
    Hacienda Antigua - $5000 for use of facility for 2 day, includes 6 guestrooms
    Inn @ Paradise - $4,500 for use of facility for 2 days, includes 10 guestrooms, some tables and chairs.

Knowing this and doing basic math it is clear that Suenos is much higher.  Also, knowing the fact that most venues leave room for negotiations I asked for a  much lower rate, one that was comparable to the other properties I mentioned above.  Her lovely response was that it was "offensive," "bothersome" and "frankly, I am flabbergasted."  Um, it is called business lady and I know in this economy and with my wedding date (on cusp of high season and mothers day weekend) venues are willing to negotiate.  Oh, she did throw in 4 extra rooms to her "package" and that was nice but that $600 room value was just sort of "offensive" to me. 

Well, I am happy to know that her business is doing well especially in this economy.   More power to that Lee Ann at the Suenos. 

Everything happens for a reason and I tried so hard, too hard, to book that place and thank God Lee Ann was aware of my hesitation (be it financial or whatever) and steered me away from her venue with her rudeness.   So thank you to her for that one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards