Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Ideas please!

My fiancée and i really love this Japanese Hotel in SF and want a SF themed wedding with our favorite landmarks as table "numbers", Golden Gate Bridge shaped cookies, etc etc... I'm thinking we shouldn't do this because of the venue being a Japanese hotel and feel like we should stick to a more Asian theme... Am I thinking too much into this and should just go for the sf theme or is it weird to even have that theme in this hotel??? Thoughts please....

Re: Ideas please!

• Options
    I think it would be overkill to do a Japanese theme in a Japanese hotel. Your SF idea sounds fine, but I wouldn't overdo it. I'd stick to the 2 things you mentioned (cookies and table numbers), and no other SF-related items. I'm not a huge theme person, but don't think it's too bad to have a few matching design elements.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! i apprecitate your input :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-please-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:31d067b1-7046-4920-96ba-731f8d8cebf9Post:e62197ab-6d14-4a90-bb54-5cc643f39540">Re: Ideas please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be overkill to do a Japanese theme in a Japanese hotel. Your SF idea sounds fine, but I wouldn't overdo it. I'd stick to the 2 things you mentioned (cookies and table numbers), and no other SF-related items. I'm not a huge theme person, but don't think it's too bad to have a few matching design elements.
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I agree with AndreaJulia.  I think a few SF items would be fun if a lot of your guests are from out-of-town, but don't overdo it.  

Also, on the table names, I suggest also having numbers that go in order to make it easier for people to find their tables.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards