Wisconsin

Vendor Reviews 9/25/10

The day flew by so quick but it turned out great! I always appreciated reading vendor reviews so I figured I would write some as well.

Rehearsal, Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Heidel House Resort Green Lake,WI
A- Overall they were great. The location is gorgeous, the food was good, service was good. I felt they were a little over the top with the fees & charges for certain things, but I guess it's typical for resorts. I am really happy overall.

Dress: Stone Manor Bridal, Cedarburg, WI. A
I was very happy with Stone Manor, no problems along the way. My dress looked perfect when I picked it up.

Photographer: Nicholas Norbert Photography. A! Nick is awesome and his wife Katie joined him as the second shooter at the wedding, they are a great team. I absolutely cannot wait to see the pictures.

Cake: Cake Guru. B. Cake was really pretty and she matched the picture I sent well. She was a bit slow at responding to e-mails sometimes but overall I'm happy with the final product.

Day of Wedding Planner: Jami with All Dressed Up Events: A. Jami was really great and so helpful to have there. I would recommend to anyone that they should hire a planner, for the day of at the very least.

Florist: Flowers By Faye: A-. There were a few bumps along the way but in the end what she supplied was gorgeous. The quality was good and the arrangements were beautiful.

Linens: The Elegant Touch, Cedarburg, WI. A. I was thrilled with the linens, they turned out just gorgeous. Karen took care of everything, set it all up and cleaned everything up.

DJ: Midwest Sound & Light. F. Our DJ was terrible. Spend the extra few hundred dollars and go with someone better. He was dressed unprofessionally, smelled like cigarettes, mumbled into the microphone and the worst part was he didn't even bring along the song list I spent alot of time putting together.

Travel Agent: Lisa Hoppe Travel. C. For a travel agent, she's not very well spoken when it comes to planning trips. I found her to be very unaware of how airline code sharing works, etc. She did all the pricing through a wholesale company (which also means she pushed certain resorts because that's where they make thier commission.) which took a long time and by the time she got an answer from them the resort we wanted was already booked.

Overall, the wedding was really great. Awesome weather and I can't wait to go on the honeymoon this weekend!

Re: Vendor Reviews 9/25/10

• edited December 2011
    I just realized I forgot hair & make up!

Hair: Brideheads, A. I was very happy with how my hair turned out. Angie & her assistant arrived right on time that morning and were very efficient. We were all ready when we needed to be.

Make-Up: Blush by Brittany, A. My make-up lasted all day and looked amazing. I was thrilled with how it looked. Brittany too arrived right on time and did a great job.
  • breannalynnbreannalynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thank you so much for the reviews!  We're in the process of picking out a DJ and I just got information in the mail from Midwest Sound.  I'm going to throw it out now! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bliss312Bliss312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My stomach did a flip when I read your review of Midwest Sound... I have them booked for my wedding! Who was your DJ? I know they have a lot of them, so hopefully if I request not to have yours, I will have better luck. So sorry you had a bad experience with them!!! Thanks for the reviews, and congrats! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I have been to weddings where the Midwest Sound DJ did a great job, I guess I should have taken more time to request a certain DJ but I would definitely not recommend ours! His name was Troy.

• edited December 2011
    I've been looking into Blush by Brittany as well. Can you give me an idea of the pricing if you don't mind. I heard she can be a bit on the pricey side.
    Thank you and congratulations!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I am not sure if these are current any longer since I had booked her a long time ago, but her base price was $200 for the bride and that includes lash application for the bride (which is awesome!) and also includes make-up for two additional people. She does require a trial which is $50, but it's worth it to make sure you like it. I also paid for the bridesmaids to have their make-up done so there was no travel fee.

It's well worth it. My make-up looked great all day long, the only thing I touched up was lipstick. There is no way I could have made my make-up look that perfect and last all day myself. She definitely knows what she's doing.

• edited December 2011
    I am so excited I have Jami booked as my DOC for my wedding....so far she has been amazing!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards