Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who gets invited to bachelorette party?

I was just talking with my MOH about my b-party, and we were discussing where to have it. I mentioned a few people from my hometown I'd like to invite, and she said it's generally just the wedding party girls that go. I only have her and one bridesmaid, and I don't see a 3 person bparty being that fun. Is she right? I've never heard that before...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who gets invited to bachelorette party?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH asked me for a guest list for the B-party.  Me and my BMs are spending the afternoon at a hotel pool, then we're inviting close friends, my mom and FMIL and my aunts to dinner and drinks.  Later the BMs and I will go back to the hotel and spend the night.  I don't think a B-party has to be the wedding party only.  I'm inviting about 15 people to mine.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most bachelorette parties I've been to involve the closest friends of the bride which are usually both wedding party and non-wedding party members. I've never heard of a bridesmaid only bachelorette party. 
  • Options
    Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should entecd the invitation to more people (if you want)... I have a lot of girls on my b-party list that are not in the BP. And vice versa, I have gone to many b-parties and not been a BM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jrbyjrby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Good to hear- thanks girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KJ7985KJ7985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also never heard of a bridesmaid only party. Most bachelorette's that I've been to have between 10-20 girls, but depending on what you're doing (bar crawl vs. spa day) you might have more or less. It's definitely not limited to just the bridal party, though. If she's concerned about the cost, she probably shouldn't be because it's normal for everyone to pay their own way for the party. When I went on a wine tour for my friend's bachelorette, the MOH bought snacks and stuff for the limo, but everyone paid for their spot in the limo, the samples at the wineries, and our dinner out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I have a bunch of girlfriends that I love dearly but are not my best friends and therefore are not in my WP, and I def want them invited to the bach party! I've never heard of a WP-only bach party unless that's what the bride wanted.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from mine this past weekend, (and I lived to talk about it!) but it was my bridesmaids and another super close friend. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends...one of my FSIL's didn't invite myself or our other FSIL to her party, it was just her and her bms. I thought it was a little weird, just b/c I plan on inviting a few FSIL's to my party as well as another friend who isn't in the WP.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_gets-invited-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:87d82e26-17a9-43ec-a8f3-2332859ade3aPost:68ea57c3-791d-4fbd-94c3-55bed03cac3a">Re: Who gets invited to bachelorette party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most bachelorette parties I've been to involve the closest friends of the bride which are usually both wedding party and non-wedding party members. I've never heard of a bridesmaid only bachelorette party. 
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

<div>This is my experience as well. </div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a Bridesmaid only B-party in Vegas and then having a BM and close friends party back home a few weeks before the wedding. Do what you desire, its your choice, not hers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    futureEcubedfutureEcubed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having like 2 and 1/2 B-parties.... my dearest high school friends are coming down to do a small "just the 4 of us" bachelorette party sometime this summer.... Then we are having my other b-party thrown by my BMs the same day as the Bridal Shower. The Bridal shower will be a morning brunch, then just me and my BMs will spend some quality time during the afternoon and then go out for a big bash with all my friends that evening- there will probably be 10 of us or so.
    image November 2011 Siggy: Cake!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards