Getting in Shape

Boobies!

I'm sure everyone has heard you lose your boobs first when you start to lose weight. Is there any truth in this? My measurements are 38x28x38 so losing some chest would make dress shopping much easier sense most everything will fit around my waist and not my chest. I am however worried about horror storys people tell saying they now have less chest and still the same chub everywhere else. :/ This probably sound pretty superficial but any input would be awesome.

Re: Boobies!

• Everyone loses weight differently so there is no guarantee you will lose anything from your breasts, but there's also no guarantee you won't...KWIM?

My breasts have largely remained unchanged. I'm maybe half a cup size smaller and my band size has gone down from 38 to 36...but that is with 50lbs lost.
  • Everyone is different, but I lost a lot of weight in my boobs. I used to be a VERY full 32DD and now I'm a 32C/D (kinda right in between). 

I gain and lose weight very evenly across my body. If you gain weight in your hips, the ladies may be safer. If you gain weight in your arms, they will probably shrink down along with the arms, etc. 
  • FTL makes a good point though - I tend to gain weight in my hips and thighs, so there's a LOT more to lose for me there than in my chest.
  • I'm more concerned about tightening my boobs! I would like them a little smaller, but moslty would like them to be perkier!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_boobies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:442764a9-292e-4516-a535-7eac6472939bPost:a6ea897d-7e40-4ac9-abd1-22943d5d5184">Re: Boobies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm more concerned about tightening my boobs! I would like them a little smaller, but moslty would like them to be perkier!
    Posted by Sara G to be[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Get on those toes and start busting out those push ups!! ;) </div>
  • Thanks for all the comments! Most of my weight gain has been in my stomach, hips and thighs. My arms aren't great though and do need some work just as much as the rest of me. I don't really care if I lose some boob. I'm just hoping for all around lose, not just one area. I guess the only way to find out is to go try haha. I'm so excited! >.< FI and I are headed to the gym after work today and I invested in healthy snack last night and an now eating them! I know its not much but I'm pretty happy. :)
  • Hey, it's all about the small changes! THey add up and create a completely new lifestyle. If you did all change at once, you probably wouldn't stick with it. So go you!
    Have a great time at the gym :) It'll be interesting to see what happens with your weight loss. For me it's frustrating because I lose so evenly that I don't really see much of a difference, but I know people that gain/lose in the hips and even a 10 pound difference is SIGNIFICANT
  • I'm also bottom heavy and haven't really lost much boobage after dropping almost 30lbs. My bra's a bit looser, but nothing really noticable. But I'm in the itty bitty titty club, so It's good I haven't lost anything there. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have a fairly petite upper body.  I've gone from a 32C to a 30C/D, which really doesn't exist in stores. 

Now if someone could take a few inches of my hips that would be fantastic, pleaseandthankyou!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    I am also bottom-heavy and don't carry much in my chest anyway. I am a C cup which I find bizarre - to me a C is "big" (well, not small) even though my chest is really not big at all. I fill out a C demi-cup but I can't fill out a full C-cup because I have nothing in the "top" part of the breast, KWIM? So for me, I don't think they could possibly get smaller and I think I would have to gain 50+ pounds for them to get bigger!

Oh and no amount of pectoral exercises can make them perkier. Part of the perk comes from the firmness, and if you ain't got that you're stuck. I tried this and all I got was pectoral muscles that rivalled the girls. Invest in good bras - that's my mantra.
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    If anyone would like to pass along a little boobage, I'm in the market.  My sister got the boobs, I got the height. 

Thank goodness for chicken cutlets... I needed not one, but two (and one folded in half) to fill up my dress! 
  • Jayceestar27Jayceestar27 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_boobies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:442764a9-292e-4516-a535-7eac6472939bPost:ee27a631-fab5-48e6-98a4-1c749dbb694a">Re: Boobies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If anyone would like to pass along a little boobage, I'm in the market.  My sister got the boobs, I got the height.  Thank goodness for chicken cutlets... I needed not one, but two (and one folded in half) to fill up my dress! 
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

Ha, If I could I would. My dress has a corsetted back and thats the only way I would fit in any of the dresses. If it had a zipper it would go to my bra line and not any farther up. I guess I could have ordered a dress two sizes bigger and taken it in sound like a lot of work.
  • I'm a horror story. I lose first in the boobs, and when I gain, they're the last to gain.
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_boobies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:442764a9-292e-4516-a535-7eac6472939bPost:d611d7f1-b6b6-4567-9a21-0f0080f369b0">Boobies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure everyone has heard you lose your boobs first when you start to lose weight. Is there any truth in this? My measurements are 38x28x38 so losing some chest would make dress shopping much easier sense most everything will fit around my waist and not my chest. I am however worried about horror storys people tell saying they now have less chest and still the same chub everywhere else. :/ This probably sound pretty superficial but any input would be awesome.
    Posted by Jayceestar27[/QUOTE]

At 189 Lbs. I was a 38G, at 145 36/34G. Really sucks because I hate being so big chested but everyone's different.

Good Luck.
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    Liatris- I'm in! It's so odd.. I'm 5'8" with 34A, if that, and my sister is just under 5' with at least a D cup. It's all good though!
  • edited February 2013
    I am top heavy .... went from a D cup to an A cup with a 65 pound weight loss in college.  Now have lost 7 pounds and maybe half a cup size.  :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_boobies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:442764a9-292e-4516-a535-7eac6472939bPost:f8771af6-eaeb-48f2-a551-2843592d3496">Re: Boobies!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I had a solid 36 C at 160 pounds. I gained all the way to 210 and ended up with a 38 D, lost 20 pounds and now have a 36 D. I really would like to be professionally measured for a bra. <strong>I have heard that breasts sag when large women lose large amounts of weight</strong>. I hope not ..
    Posted by versdirtyhippy[/QUOTE]

I heard this too and I was so traumatized. I went on the perfect push-up workout routine and it really made them look so much better. I think it depends on whether your losing weight the healthy way or with fad diets. My weight loss 2 years ago (56 Lbs.) was slow and steady so not much sagging skin other than in my stomach area but I think that ones do to my kids and stretch marks.
  • Every time I gain weight my boobs get bigger. Every time I lose weight my boobs stay the same. It's getting kind of ridiculous. Thank God for the internet where I can get 32H bras. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards