Missouri-Kansas City

First Dance Lessons?

Anyone have experience with anyone that will teach private dance lessons for my FI and I? I would like us to be able to not look like goofs during our first dance, haha! Its important that they'll work with us to teach us to dance to OUR song (not just general dancing). Suggestions?

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: First Dance Lessons?

• edited December 2011

I've been searching for this too, and I've found a few places in the area that offer lessons specifically for your song.  I haven't actually had a lesson at any of these places yet, but I believe all of them offer a free lesson to try it out first.

Blue Martini Entertainment (www.bluemartinientertainment.com)

The Dance Spot (www.thedancespot.com)

Louis & Company (www.funwithstyle.com)

HTH!

• OleDancerOleDancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Blue Martini.  I'm not familiar with the second place you listed, but I definitely do NOT recommend Louis & Co. 

I teach myself (though not in KC) and have worked with those at Blue Martini, and taken lessons from Jake.
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Camelot Ballroom for our reception site, but they also offer private lessons.

We've been working with Bridget and have had a realy postive experience. We haven't gone in for our "lessons" yet, but it would definitely be worth a look!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards