Registry and Gift Forum
Options

XP: Registry Info on Shower Invites

So I'm posting this on Registering & Gifts as well as Invites & Paper because I'm wanting lots of opinions....

Please let me start off by saying this is not for my wedding, and I know it's super tacky to include registry information in wedding invitations and I have no intention of including it there.

However, I am planning a shower for a close friend of mine, and I'm trying to decide if I should include her registry info on the invite or not.  I know it's becoming a little more accepted since the point of the shower is to give gifts, but I also know that some people still give the side eye to registry info on ANY invitation.

So what do you ladies think:  Do you think it is tacky to include registry information on a bridal shower invitation?

Re: XP: Registry Info on Shower Invites

• Options
    Go ahead and include it.  Since the point of the shower is to shower the bride with gifts, and someone besides the couple is sending the invitation, registry info is appropriate.

Most of the one I've received have included a pretty little card insert that says "Jane and John are registered at BB&B and Macy's."  
  • Options
    Ditto MNIN.  I've usually seen it printed on the invitation, I'm not a fan of the cards the stores give out. 

If you think any of the guests would be offended by it, I think it would be safe to skip it.  No registry information was included on our shower invitation so I think people just asked when RSVPing because most of our gifts were from the registry.
  • Options
    I think putting it on the shower invites is fine, most people expect to find it there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yeah the point of a shower is to "shower the bride with gifts", so if someone gave the side eye to writing the registry info on a shower invite theyre opposed to showers in general. my family is old new york traditional and they seemingly follow every etiquette rule, and even they dont have problems with this (except the older ones are opposed to showers for second marriages). otherwise, go for it. its inconvenient for guests that are not internet savvy to search for the registry
    Photobucket
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2010
    I've never received a bridal shower invitation without the regisry cards. Since the point of the shower is to "shower the bride" with gifts I think it's good to let people know where they're registered. I like that I don't have to hunt down the registries of the bride and groom before attending a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards