Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Vow :-) (Opinions needed)

Not TOO brutal though, I'm a bit sensitive (lol) :-)

I remember when we went on our first date like it was yesterday, I had not seen you in years and I was afraid to meet up with you because Talicia told me you were 4 foot 11. (laughs)  To this day, we always joke about me possibly backing out on that first date because of that but I am so glad something made me go anyway. That was definitely the first day to the start of my beautiful life with you.I knew I was in love when I looked at you one day and saw so much of myself. The way that you smile every single time you see me, the way you make me laugh when I want to cry and the comfort you provide for me no matter what is going on in your life. You are always my superman, even when you don’t feel like you are. Before I met you, I did not appreciate the beauty of laughter and complete silliness and how someone else’s strength can make you just as strong. I never knew what it was like to look at someone and smile for no reason at all. I love you not only for what you are, but who I am when I am with you.You are such a part of me that when you are gone, I find it hard to do the most mundane tasks. I realize how important having you apart of my daily life is and how I couldn’t even fathom living one day without you, let alone the rest of my life. I can be with you all day and night and ignore your kisses when you are trying to kiss me a million times (laughs), but as soon as you leave… I feel so empty, like a part of me left out the door with you. I see such a bright future for the both of us, with everything that you are and the inspiration you give me… I know we are going to be together forever. We always joke about when we’re 85 years old and who is going to change whose diaper (laughs) but I love the fact that we both agree we will still be together and in love at that age, it speaks volumes to me that we have the same life plans.My favorite line in a song that I have sung relentlessly from the beginning of our relationship, “I don’t know why you love me and that’s why I love you…”From this day forward, I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life 

Re: Vow :-) (Opinions needed)

• edited December 2011
    I had vows like that also...but they are kind of long so maybe try to shorten and make the story of how u met short and sweet...
    Vacation Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    You did a nice job and hit all of the major elements -- I think it's really good.  I would agree with PP that it could be shortened, and I might soften the bit where you would have passed on him due to height.  It might be true, but it sounds a little shallow for your vows, IMHO.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks, we actually talked about the height thing (he's not actually 4'11.. he's more like 5'8" and my friend was exaggerating) and he laughed about it and he's actually expecting me to say something about that! lol

• edited December 2011
    I wouldnt change a thing.  Your inside jokes are what makes it special to you. And reading it would only take a few minutes.  I think its great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just remember, you have to speak these in front of everyone. I'm a cryer, so mine will have to be short and sweet. But I do love your story!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • dmullicandmullican member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards