Michigan-Detroit

Something important I forgot to do...

Crrrrap. I just realized my wedding dress is still hanging in our spare bedroom closet since the night of the wedding. OOOOPS.

Quick! - tell me where you took your gown to get cleaned after the big day. How much did it cost? Did you get it preserved? Would you recommend it?

Oh, and it's 10 to 6 and I haven't slept yet. YAY FOR STILL BEING A COLLEGE KID PULLING ALL-NIGHTERS FOR FINALS!! (killmenow)

Thaaaaaaanks.

Re: Something important I forgot to do...

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took me three months for me to get around getting mine done so don't worry about it :)

I used wedclean.com and was happy with the results.  It was $149 for cleaning and preservation.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm no help on where to dry clean your dress, just wanted to say...

I totally feel you one the all nighters! Ugh, I have so many projects and exams coming up in the next 10 days I can't even handle it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    It has been over a month for me and mine is still hanging in a closet at my parents house, my mom said she is taking care of it but hasn't yet.  It has spray tan under the arms and the bottom has mud on it from outdoor pictures.

Most places we are looking at will cost 150-220 in the Lansing area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Liz & Ally - that's reassuring. Everything TK told me or any other wedding crap said make sure you leave your dress with some (MOH or mom or whatever) to have it cleaned while you're on the HM and I didn't want to hand it over to anyone... but then I sorta forgot about it. 

Laura - best of luck with your finals this semester! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_something-important-forgot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:25465b92-b6ed-415d-91a7-6ef13d63a755Post:a3cec428-20f5-4525-abe4-87c67cec98a4">Re: Something important I forgot to do...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Liz & Ally - that's reassuring. Everything TK told me or any other wedding crap said make sure you leave your dress with some (MOH or mom or whatever) to have it cleaned while you're on the HM and I didn't want to hand it over to anyone... but then I sorta forgot about it.  Laura - best of luck with your finals this semester! 
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think TK (and all other websites) want to make the bride feel like a queen, while al of her servants do stuff for her.  So  think it's that more than the fact it must be done right away.  Apparently's DH's BFF (BM) read that he was supposed to dress the groom...it is now an ongoing joke that DH can't dress himself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's been almost 4 months and mine is still hanging in the closet...spray tan, dirt and blood and all! (my friend cut her foot open and hence the blood)  I honestly don't know where I'm going to take it...H said he doesn't want to spend ANY more money on that dress! haha
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Well after seeing a post on the Nov. 2011 board... I'm not sure if I want to preserve it anymore. I may trash it. Or donate it and get a tax write off -- Lisa, I'm sure your DH would appreciate that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards