Military Brides

Marine Military wedding- peacock colors?

Hey ladies, a friend of mine is engaged to a Marine and they have talked about him wearing his dress blues in the ceremony, but they aren't certain that the wedding will be traditional marine or non-military.  She's not 100% sure what colors she would like, but she does like rich jewel tones similar to those of the peacock feathers. She also loves silver as an accent color with these colors. However, she is worried about the gold and red on the Dress blues "clashing" with her selected colors. Does anyone have any photos of Marine, Military weddings with the dress blues with colorful BM dresses that aren't red?
Thanks so much.

Re: Marine Military wedding- peacock colors?

• edited December 2011

Look a few posts down, possibly pages back. This question is posted all the time!! Any color will be fine. Marine Corps dress blues don't match themselves. Fuschia, Navy, Lavender, Red...ANNNYYY COLORS!! My Girls are wearing black dresses and red shoes. All different styles of dresses, just black.Congrats to your Friend!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the dress blues are STUNNING any it really makes a wedding look incredibly elegant. I think she thinks the red and gold on the dress blues will clash, but they won't!
  • edited December 2011

Not at all!! I Love seeing my Marine is his dress blues. I already think he's the most handsome man in the world!! Our colors are Black and Red, so that's why my girls dresses are Black (one girl found the PERFECT dress, its a v-neck black with a red sash!!) I just don't think it matters if buttons clash or whatever... The Marine will look handsome, The Bride will be beautiful, The Bridesmaids will be lovely, and the Groomsmen( Marine or Not) will be debonair.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Luke&Sam hit it on the nose! The MC Dress Blues don't even match! My FI is wearing his dress uniform with the white pants. Two of his groomsmen are wearing their Air Force uniforms. My BM's dresses are red. It's going to be very patriotic! My wedding is July 3rd 2011, so I guess it's kind of fitting. I'm also throwing in some yellow and purple flowers. No matter what, it will all look beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I am a female marine and my FI is also a marine. My colors are purple, silver and white! Dress Blues go with anything just think about what you see at the marine corps ball?! I am actually against having red in my wedding but it is always a safe choice. The best idea is to do the colors you want. The blues are just icing on the cake :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards