Chit Chat

Twisted Wedding Ring?

So my engagement ring is a 6 prong, rising twist diamond ring. (similar picture below) I am wondering what type of wedding band goes or fits with this ring? Being that its twisted..

Re: Twisted Wedding Ring?

• It's twisted, yes, but it's basically flat, so you could probably just get a plain solid band that would look fine.  Really, the best way to answer this question is to go to a jewelry store and start trying things on.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I have a ring that is similar.  When my FI and I looked at rings in the store, the salesman had us look at wedding bands as we looked at engagement rings.   Sure it was a sales tatic, but it also allowed us to see what kind of wedding bands we wanted or that would go with the engagement ring we were leaning towards.  I would go this route.  That way you can try on different wedding bands with your engagement ring and see what looks best to you.  For what it is worth, I am leaning towards something like this: http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11810888&kpc=1

Hope this helps.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In my experience, most brides just go with a flat band with or without diamonds. For the brides who were insistent on symmetry, I always suggested purchasing either an enhancer band that wraps both sides of the ring or purchasing two bands (one for either side). You can also contact a jeweler about having a band custom made, but that is MUCH more expensive.
  • Also, my sister-in-law has a tension-set diamond in her engagement ring (very similar to yours only minus the prongs) and just wears a simple band.
  • EC88EC88 member
    First Comment
    If it is in your budget I think it would be really nice to have a custom band made so that they fit together perfectly. If not I think a plain flat band would be nice as well because the band isn't that strange of a shape.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_twisted-wedding-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c5eefc43-061f-4f28-8c9f-79ea5fed2829Post:c60992b7-e853-48bc-b7b5-a8417ed2621b">Re: Twisted Wedding Ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my experience, most brides just go with a flat band with or without diamonds. For the brides who were insistent on symmetry, I always suggested purchasing either an enhancer band that wraps both sides of the ring or purchasing two bands (one for either side). <strong>You can also contact a jeweler about having a band custom made, but that is MUCH more expensive.</strong>
    Posted by ammcadams[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this statement.  I have a custom e-ring and wedding band.  It wasn't anymore expensive than if we had went to a store and bought something similar.

Anyways OP, if you're like me and that you'd want your wedding band tight to your e-ring, I'd definitely talk to a local custom jeweler.  They can talk to you about your budget and see if this is a possibility.  When I was working with my jeweler to get a plain white gold skinny wedding band it was only going to be about $300-400 (which included the wax).  IMO it worth checking out. 

Beautiful ring!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the advice everyone! It helped alot, i'll be looking into some of your ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards