September 2012 Weddings
Options

A couple of BM questions

So I have two showers, and MOH told me she would try to attend the one my mom is throwing. One BM said she cannot attend either because they are on sundays, and thats usually the day she drives home when she comes in town (even though its about a 4 hour drive), so it wouldn't work out. The other said she was not sure if she would be able to get those weekends off at all. How do I invite them? Should I just send and email and ask who is free for what? Or do I actually send invites?

Also, how long do I wait to find out if they ordered their dresses or not? If no one has a dress, then I have no BMs, so I gotta know what's going on so I know whether or not to buy gifts. I know I was advised on here to just sit back and if they have them, fine, if not, fine... but I guess I'm looking for a time when I should find out for sure if I have BMs or not.

Re: A couple of BM questions

• Options
    You can send formal invites if you want.  I think it would be a nice thing to do.  I personally chose not to send invites to two BMs who I knew weren't coming because they live out of town (they previously told me they couldn't make it when discussing dates) because I didn't want them to feel like they had to send a gift.  But, I just told them so that if they saw pictures or heard about it they wouldn't feel like I forgot about them. 

I agree with if they didn't, oh well mentality but you still can ask.  I just wouldn't call and ask 100 times.  If you have them on the phone about the shower or anything else, of course ask.  I'd hope at this point they'd tell you upfront that they got them because they know you have been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for this to happen but wouldn't hold my breath for that. 
  • Options
    When are you getting married? Depending on that should really depends on when your girls should get their dresses. I did the whole "sit back and if they have them fine" thing and it bit me in the rear. The first dress we picked out went out of stock out of nowhere (luckily no girl had bought their dress yet!) As for the second time I was more cautious about the girls getting their dress. Seeing as how the first time pushed us back, the girls only had 5 months to get the dresses in, and ready for alterations. I am getting married in September and told them as long as they have their dress by May I didn't care. (I called the bridal shop weekly making sure the dress wasn't going to go out of stock....again).

As for the showers, send invites, it's what you're supposed to do. If they can't come then they can't come. It's just like inviting someone to your wedding. You aren't going to e-mail someone you know can't make it to the wedding.

Good Luck and Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    It's okay to send bridal party members invitations to all the showers. If you don't feel like doing that, just send them an invite to one, plans change. Are they all ordering from the same store, my store told me who had and hadn't when I called.
  • Options
    Depending on where the dresses are coming from-my are Alfred Angelo and they had to be ordered at the latest the end of May so they would be here at the beggining of Sept and even that is pushing alterations and i am the last day of September for my wedding. I would call the bridal place and ask what is the latest possible date and then ask two weeks before then. 

shower i would send invites b/c they may have said they cannot get it off but something may happen and they may be able to make it. 

This happened with my dress fitting for alterations-they scheduled me for a friday morning and I have asked for so much time off already I did not think I would get it off but I talked to my boss and he said of course you can have it off-you need your dress to fit. 
  • Options
    I would send invites to any one that you would like to come. Regardless of if they said they can make it or not.
  • Options
    I have invites going out to all my BM the same as they are going out to others I'd like to come :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_a-couple-of-bm-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:3b66450e-20bb-4327-942a-42b3ffb4b0dfPost:e5f37d86-a032-4068-ae55-7f51c916dd96">Re: A couple of BM questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>When are you getting married?</strong> Depending on that should really depends on when your girls should get their dresses. I did the whole "sit back and if they have them fine" thing and it bit me in the rear. The first dress we picked out went out of stock out of nowhere (luckily no girl had bought their dress yet!) As for the second time I was more cautious about the girls getting their dress. Seeing as how the first time pushed us back, the girls only had 5 months to get the dresses in, and ready for alterations. <strong>I am getting married in September and told them as long as they have their dress by May I didn't care</strong>. (I called the bridal shop weekly making sure the dress wasn't going to go out of stock....again). As for the showers, send invites, it's what you're supposed to do. If they can't come then they can't come. It's just like inviting someone to your wedding. You aren't going to e-mail someone you know can't make it to the wedding. Good Luck and Congratulations!
    Posted by lv0408307[/QUOTE]

*points at the title of this board* Heheh, we are all Sept brides here :p I'm Sept 22nd.

I was told by the salon I WAS going to order from that May would be the latest I could order them from there. But the one BM insisted she order all three from some website and now she won't answer when I call, and I missed her call the one time she tried to call me back. No voicemail saying "Yeah they were ordered" or nothing, so I have NO idea what's going on.
  • Options
    YOU don't invite them at all.  Brides don't host their own showers!  Just invite them too all the showers and let them RSVP accordingly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards