Jewish Weddings
Options

Help me choose a BM dress....

I know this sounds like a weird request, but I need some help. I am (honored to be) one of Ciaraman's BMs and she is kind enough to let us choose our own dress in the wedding color. The only requirement (and Ciara, correct me if I'm wrong) is that it be short....not sure if tea or knee length. Either way, I'm short, so it will have to be hemmed.  We are looking at David's.

So here's my dilemma....At the least, I will be 4 weeks post partum at the wedding (that's if I go to 42 weeks, but Eli was 2-1/2 weeks early), if I deliver closer to my due date, it will be more like 6 or 7 weeks. So I need some suggestions for a dress with these criteria:

1. Able to breastfeed (preferrably not in the bathroom). I'd like something I can either make into a nursing dress with a little alterations or something I can pull down one side to nurse. I'm not a big fan of missing moments at weddings, especially for my family, so I don't want to have to go get undressed to feed my baby.

2. Doesn't have to be tight across the chest to stay up....last time my boobs were still kinda at the bigger stage from milk settling and I don't want to be uncomfortable. I was hoping to maybe find something that isn't strapless.....

Throw your ideas at me!
The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)

Re: Help me choose a BM dress....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards