Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Should I serve them chicken fingers?

My FI has a friend that no matter where he goes he will only have chicken fingers and fries. He even told FI that he would stop at a burger place before coming to the wedding so we don't have to worry about paying for his plate because he will not eat anything else lol. Thankfully our caterer said they would serve him an adult sized chicken basket for less. My FI and I started looking at our younger siblings (teenage and early 20s) eating habits and noticed a couple that do the same thing, order chicken fingers anywhere if it's on the menu. He said that he would rather serve them that because they won't care for anything else. I know they'll eat whatever is served but should I ask them and even make that an option? It would save us some money but wouldn't that look strange? The menu is just chicken or beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables, nothing too crazy.

Re: Should I serve them chicken fingers?

• I think it's fine to serve FI's friend the chicken fingers esp.if he made a point about it. I'm not sure i I would do it for your siblings. Maybe ask them first and see what they say. I eat chicken fingers a lot too but chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies would be fine for me too. Depends how picky they are.
  • I would serve your FI friend the chicken tenders and fries since he made a point of telling you that is all that he will eat.

As for the younger crowd, unless they specifically tell you that they only eat certain things then just serve them what you are serving everyone else.

• I'd give them the option and see what they want to do. If they're picky eaters and it's a viable option, they might appreciate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would list that as the kid's meal and if the younger siblings ask if they can have that too, just accomodate them.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_should-i-serve-them-chicken-fingers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:974253a5-518c-4d0d-865a-e0660f7e9c4dPost:f7ccdcd0-1ebe-470c-92df-c6e412918830">Should I serve them chicken fingers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI has a friend that no matter where he goes he will only have chicken fingers and fries. He even told FI that he would stop at a burger place before coming to the wedding so we don't have to worry about paying for his plate because he will not eat anything else lol. Thankfully our caterer said they would serve him an adult sized chicken basket for less. <strong>My FI and I started looking at our younger siblings (teenage and early 20s) eating habits and noticed a couple that do the same thing, order chicken fingers anywhere if it's on the menu</strong>. He said that he would rather serve them that because they won't care for anything else. I know they'll eat whatever is served but should I ask them and even make that an option? It would save us some money but wouldn't that look strange? The menu is just chicken or beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables, nothing too crazy.
    Posted by marichella21[/QUOTE]

Definitely don't assume they'll want chicken fingers.   Most people can handle a proper wedding meal.  It sounds like your FI friend could be on an episode of Freaky Eaters. 
  • Definitely don't serve the others chicken fingers. If they elect the kid's option, fine.   But I'd be offended beyond words if I was 17 and someone assumed I'd want chicken fingers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards