September 2012 Weddings

Mini Vent

Curious what kind of frustrations with vendors you have come up against in the wedding planning process...

I haven't had too many issues, but the ones I've had are just annoying. I called today to confirm my fitting appointment next week which I've had scheduled for months and they have me down at the wrong time. Now, I might have to take much needed vacation time because of their mistake... This bridal place also didn't call me when my veil came in so I had to call them and ask. I know these things aren't big, but it's a bit irritating!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mini Vent

• My vendors in general have been great.  One issue with my seamstress I ran into last week though.  She came with the highest recommendations but people failed to mention she procrastinates!.  My brother is getting married 2 months before me and I'm in his wedding.  About a month ago my mom and I took my wedding dress, my BM dress for his wedding, and her MOG and MOB dresses in.  We needed her dresses and the BM dress first (she still needs to find shoes for both of hers).  Wedding dress not needed until August.  We went in last week and they were clearly super busy and hadn't started any of our dresses.  They did them right in front of us AFTER we already arrived for our appointment.  My mom's dresses got finished first and they looked great so other than time lost couldn't complain.  My BM got taken in too much though.  So now I have to go back again next weekend.  If it is quality and fairly priced that's what is most important but I wish I had been warned about that.  I'll make sure the day I go for my dress my calendar is wide open!
  • The coordinator at our venue is a PITA to get ahold of and always has been. It's really really frustrating but luckily her involvement is minimal. The one who has caused me the most frustration is the Pastor (and the church); it drives me crazy when someone can't take 2 minutes to respond to a question and my questions and concerns regarding our ceremony in his church are VERY important.Luckily I'm pretty self-reliant and have done so much myself that I haven't had to deal with many vendors.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We hired a church decorator and paid her a deposit and she called the next day to cancel saying she had double booked for our wedding day. The kicker is she wanted to keep part of our deposit. Not happening! She was a PITA but I eventually got all of our money back.
    ~almost Mrs. Reese~
  • Our venue manager (I won't deem to call her a coordinator) doesn't respond.  She won't call back, she won't email back, and on the very off chance that she does (usually after 5+ phone messages and emails) she won't answer your questions.  My FI and I booked the venue from long distance, so my Mom met with her before we booked it but it wasn't until about 6 months ago that FI and I could finally see it in person.  She had scheduled the time for us to see it, but she didn't speak to us - she was showing the venue to another potential couple in the time slot that she had told us to come to see the venue and meet her.  We had to finally interrupt their conversation, an hour after we arrived, to introduce ourselves before we left!  There was no apology.

Needless to say, I'm glad the only thing I need from her is to have the doors unlocked, and ideally the floors cleaned and the grass de-pooped from the geese. 

Anniversary

• You know, I always say its amazing that people even have phones and email, because pretty much nobody ever answers either. It's really getting to me and I see all you girls have similar issues with people who just can't be bothered to get back to you.

We had a couple early issues. We had booked a farm that was owned by family friends for our ceremony. I called to ask if I could stop by and take pics and the farmer's mother, who met me a number of times, suddenly didn't remember me or any of the plans. I asked repeatedly to speak with the farmer, and he never called me back. However we ended up turning around and booking an even better place.

We also had issues with an officiant we wanted. FI met with him once (again, someone he knows, so he dealt with it), and found out that because he was a Fransiscan Friar, one of us had to be catholic in order for him to marry us. Well, I am sorta catholic... did everything but confirmation. So when FI called him to ask if that was ok, he never got back to us! Didn't return any calls or anything! So FI got us hooked up with a non-denominational guy he used to work with.

Currently, the big issue we have is that FI knows all the vendors personally, yet is too lazy to call any of them to arrange meetings. I've been asking for about 6 months for him to get in touch with our photog but nope. He hasn't done squat. So I think I'm gonna have to get the numbers from others and have meetings with just him and me, since FI doesn't care anyway what goes on.

• We've had a few mishaps...

We sent the rental company our signed contract and deposit in March, in early June I get an email from the lady asking if we're ready to move forward with the contract.  WHAT?!  I sent that back to you months ago and i KNOW you received it because you called and needed additional information to process the credit card.  Nothing was ever charged to our card so it must have been lost/shredded when they were switching over to the new computer system.

The officiate we first wanted was being really flakey and would never give us a definite answer about being able to perform the ceremony.  He was the pastor at my childhood church but has since moved to a different church.  We decided to find another one last week and will be meeting with him next week.  Fingers crossed all goes well!

We've been trying to get in touch with our caterer.  FI has called several times this week to schedule a meeting to finalize plans.  I'm hoping she's just on vacation and will get back with us soon.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards