Georgia-Atlanta

HELP! so stuck on ideas for theme

Hello ladies , I need your help if possible, my wedding is May 30th 2010. I have been researching ideas for my hollywood/glamourous theme wedding, but have not been so lucky. I really dont have a particular era, but i just want it to be glamourous. Now my budget is not "hollywood" lol. Ideas so far: centerpieces like martini style glass, but what else? each name card will have different famous hollywood person my bridemaids are wearing something like a cocktail dress Now I just dont know what to make of the reception room? my colors are the light purple and green (wisteria and sage green).
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HELP! so stuck on ideas for theme

• alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check out the "vintage" theme board for ideas.  There are lots of people on there who have done/are doing Hollywood-type themes.  Good Luck!
  • EarthAngel222EarthAngel222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try and just pick ONE hollywood movie that you and your FI love and have your theme decor inspired by that. --For OLD Hollywood glam, maybe something to do with Roman Holiday, Gone With the Wind, or Casablanca. --For more modern Hollywood: Only You, French Kiss, or Sabrina. Good luck....be delighted to hear on what you decide to do.
  • ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say play up the textures at your reception. When I think of glamorous, I think exciting textures like feathers and shiny things like diamonds and crystals. Here are some pictures from a Hollywod themed event. Even though the colors are red and black, I think you could use your colors with the same concepts. [url]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=64334&id=17887528943[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you could make it like an oscars after party... maybe lots of material draped around and LOTS of glittery stuff.  Witch the holidays coming up you could probably stock up on glittery stuff... 

You could always do walk of fame stars or hand and foot prints.

Another possibility would be getting posters either for movies or of famous actors and actresses.

To me, at a glamorous party I'd expect sparkle, fluff, feathers, lights, etc.

Hope you get some good ideas.  Yahoo answers might be a good place to ask this question as well... it sure is a toughie!  Good luck and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards