Massachusetts
Options

Tower Hill Botanic Garden - Boylston, MA

Hi All:

Has anyone visited or had their wedding held at Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA? Or does anyone know the general pricing information for this venue? I have tried to research this, but have come up with very little. I e-mailed the event coordinator there, but am waiting to hear back. Just trying to get a rough estimate and some opinions.

Thank you!

Re: Tower Hill Botanic Garden - Boylston, MA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding there but the grounds are beatiful and they have some really great indoor spaces too...  I don't think any were really big.  It's sort of at the top of a hill, so there are some really great views. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Before you worry about pricing, check out their website.  They are VERY restrictive about access to the grounds for weddings.  You are basically limited to night weddings and really can't get on the site early for pictures, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was there recently and grabbed a few brochures, but none with any pricing info.  I can tell you that there is a TON of construction going on to expand the gardens and also put a tent on one of the lawns for events.  The plans I saw looked absolutely amazing.  You should ask for the renovation map, but I think I remember it saying i should be finished before the end of the year.  
  • Options
    bblouinbblouin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into it, we are having a Sunday wedding and they told us the price would be $4800 for the place that doe NOT include bar set up fees, that only includes rental of the place and tables and chairs, no linens or anything.  They only allow you to use pepper fine foods for a Caterer and their cheapest package, although they say they work with all budgets , starts at $80 pp.  You can only fit like I think 130 people in the Orangerie as well Ithink plus Int the summer there is no AC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking into having my wedding there, it was #1 on my list and quickly taken off.  Call them, they are very nice and faxed me their information right away.  That was the good thing about them.  When I got the pages and pages of "rules and regulations" I was done.  It was just too demanding to work with. For example, your guests can't leave cigarette butts anywhere near the flowers, if they do, it's your fault. I didn't want to have to babysit my guests at my wedding, wondering if anyone is breaking their rules!  So, definitely get the paperwork from them first.  Call them it's much easier.
    And, like someone already pointed out, there is a LOT of construction going on.  I went there with my mother to visit the grounds and this was AFTER I decided to rule them out.  It looked like it was a massive construction project that will last a long time. 
    I will tell you this.  My mother is a Justice of the Peace and she did do a wedding there and said it was absolutely beautiful.  And as long as the weather is nice, you'll have gorgeous pictures.  I guess it depends on your budget, if you can follow their rules and if the construction would be done in time for your wedding!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there about 2 or 3 years ago. It was lovely. It was pretty hot inside, but the venue is very striking. We all had fun. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards